Sunday March 25

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Sunday March 25

Post by barton bourassa »

Anyone interested in starting at 6:10 AM on Sunday? Let's meet at Cook St Moka House for a quick espresso and departure at 6:10. In the past we have ridden up to and around Elk Lake, picking up the regular Sunday group at about 7:45 near the golf course on Beach.

Is there any desire to do anything strange and out of the ordinary like maybe Willis, Munn, Prospect, Observatory as part of the "regular" ride?
Barton Bourassa
gab

Re: Sunday March 25

Post by gab »

I am planning on doing a long hilly ride this weekend. I was thinking the highlands and possibly Metchosin. This would probably preclude the ability to meet up with the regular group, unless of course the regular group is up for it! I see there is a similar post on the Saturday planning board. Any interest? (I'm good for either Saturday or Sunday)

Tentative map, either direction: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/77510642/

Maybe a few extra laps of the Observatory/Mt. Doug for good measure?
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

I really enjoyed the rides though the Highlands we did in February. I wouldn't mind doing that again with a few observatories for good measure. I prefer the usual start time at Fairfield Starbucks, but could be talked into an earlier departure if the weather is decent.
katew

Post by katew »

gab wrote:I am planning on doing a long hilly ride this weekend. I was thinking the highlands and possibly Metchosin. This would probably preclude the ability to meet up with the regular group, unless of course the regular group is up for it! I see there is a similar post on the Saturday planning board. Any interest? (I'm good for either Saturday or Sunday)
Was kind of thinking of this:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/13 ... 8.227.html

Except it has the Metchosin loop backwards.

I have to do it Saturday... and am slower than many of you
kateweber.com
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

Single-speed Steve and I are planning on the 6am start from Cook St. Barton suggested meeting at Moka House instead of the usual Starbucks. See you there.

Peter, this is your chance to redeem yourself for today's no-show :)
beegull

Post by beegull »

I think I'll be joining the usual ride at the usual time, but barring unforeseen exhaustion I'd like to make the right turn on Willis Pt. and head through Ross Durance, Munns etc.

Brent