Pictures from Friday's Waterfront Ride

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

bhartley

Pictures from Friday's Waterfront Ride

Post by bhartley »

Added: The shots here are primarily meant to help promote Tripleshot club and of the excellent energy that you guys have. They were also taken for your own personal use for the people in them - as I think it's fun getting some neat shots of yourself busting your butt doing roadwork.

Should you wish to use the images, other than to sell them! : ), for promotional stuff - please feel free to do so too. All I ask is for a little credit (hartleyphotography.ca) and that you let me know who and how they're being used (other than simply for personal stuff). I'm trying to build a portfolio, grow as a photog, and find ways to shoot more - especially when it means helping promote Tripleshot!
Cheers everyone, B

Hello!
I've just finished playing with the images taken from last Friday's waterfront ride. It was a beautiful morning. Please check out the images here: http://gallery.me.com/bhartley#100420
Please note that you can download bigger versions of the pictures within this gallery. I'd like to come out again and document the club over the summer. Please feel free to provide any feedback on the images and/or if there is anything else you'd like to see. I'd love to hear what you think. I hope next time I can better dial in the autofocus function on my camera!
Cheers,
Brad
ps For your procrastination pleasure: http://web.mac.com/bhartley/school/Phot ... _Club.html
Tripleshot 203 - Version 2.jpg
Last edited by bhartley on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leifb

Re: Pictures from Friday's Waterfront Ride

Post by leifb »

Brad,
These are great. Well done and thank you.

Maybe it is a problem with me, but I wasn't able to download high res versions of the photos (I could only get image <1mb).

Would you either (1) give me a hint about what I'm doing wrong (2) drop me an email leif@baradoy.com?
Thanks,
Leif
jj12

Post by jj12 »

Yeah these photos are great thanks alot!! 8)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Didn't download for me. (mozilla, windows xp)
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
bhartley

Post by bhartley »

Hi jj12 and leifb, I'm really happy you like them.

In order to make things different, rather than have the same picture 300+ times as taken from the same vantage point... I started to crop as well apply my own edits and certain presets to give the pictures different feels.

In other words, some of the images will be cropped quite a bit, and therefore producing much smaller jpeg files (I may have made too many of them short and wide for drama...). My camera shoots raw files (NEF - nikon electronic format), so to save substantial space and to ensure everyone can open them - jpeg files were added to the site. Depending on the program you use to view the image, some images may appear better than others when viewing them too - especially when using a web browser.

However, should anyone want an un-cropped version sent to them, or just a "normal" picture that has no editing applied to it basically - please don't hesitate to contact me (bhartley@mac.com) with the no(s) of the image(s) indicating what you'd like and I'll be happy to fire them your way.

Lister, I'm not sure why they won't download for you. I just tried firefox (mozilla) on my mac, and the images seem to download fine for me. Ensure you click the little downward arrow either when viewing the entire gallery (to download all images), or just the ones you want when viewing an image individually. Also ensure you have a program that decompresses zip files as that could be causing the problem. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Cheers everyone,
Brad
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

bhartley wrote: Lister, I'm not sure why they won't download for you. I just tried firefox (mozilla) on my mac, and the images seem to download fine for me. Ensure you click the little downward arrow either when viewing the entire gallery (to download all images), or just the ones you want when viewing an image individually. Also ensure you have a program that decompresses zip files as that could be causing the problem. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Cheers everyone,
Brad
Don't get that far. All I get is a black screen and the little mac clock thing going around.

What file decompress program do you recommend? I had winzip at one point but haven't used in ages. Not even sure it still works, but before I re-up that one, is that what you mean?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
bhartley

Post by bhartley »

Don't get that far. All I get is a black screen and the little mac clock thing going around.

What file decompress program do you recommend? I had winzip at one point but haven't used in ages. Not even sure it still works, but before I re-up that one, is that what you mean?
Hi Lister,
I'm not sure if I can help you. Ensure that you have updated the operating system and/or the web browser program that you're using. It should work. Sometimes right clicking on an object will give you the option you are looking for. I'd try downloading the zipped file and then opening it from where it is saved - say using the program stuffit expander (your computer should do it automatically tho). It sounds like you could be having computer issues or that things are running slower. I don't know why you'd get the spinny mac wheel if you're running window's xp.
Best of luck,
B