Saturday CrossFest

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

gav_eaton

Saturday CrossFest

Post by gav_eaton »

Anyone up for a Saturday CrossFest tomorrow morning?

I'm up for it - my only challenge is timing. I have to be back for 9 (kids swimming lessons) which means we would have to leave at 6 to complete the loop in time. We left at 7 last time, and were back by 10.

It would also mean there would be a need for decent lights for everyone - trails in the dark are less forgiving than road. I think by the time we get the more technical stuff, there should be some light, but you'll still want some good lights for visibility.

If everyone decides 7 would be better for most, no worries - I'll just jump on the Sufferfest train.

Thoughts?
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
gav_eaton

Re: Saturday CrossFest

Post by gav_eaton »

I've heard interest from a few people for an early start, so we're going to go ahead with 6am at the Starbucks on Douglas across from Mayfair. We'll head the Goose to Thetis and then around the usual cross loop.

Hope to see some more people out tomorrow! Bring good lights and a sense of humor - should be entertaining!
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

I will defiantly see you there!
Adam de Vos
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

As of right now, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to find any time to switch my bike over to the cross wheels, or, more importantly fix the good light. I'm going to have to bail and do the sufferfest for this week.
I'll be there for next week for sure though.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I'm keen!