Tuesday B1 crash

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

The Princess

Re: Tuesday B1 crash

Post by The Princess »

Marc and Mike, I was distressed to hear about your accident. There's no two ways about it - that is just crappy and it sucks, and I feel terrible for you both. The wild life seem to be an increasing threat, and there is no good answer. Our group had a very close call that morning too with a couple of peacocks. I felt my heart in my throat as I went into a full on skid at about 35K an hours, but luckily nobody went down.

We all feel for you - it could have been any one of us and we know it. Hopefully the rest does you good and the healing happens quickly. I know it won't be long before you are both back on the road, and hopefully back in the pack with us. We'll miss you out there!

Oh, and Richard, I hope your love handle heals quickly too!

Lisa
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

Glad to hear that injuries were not more serious

The dear and true bunnies a re cute but both are a hazard when your take on the risks of the road as we do.

I think the royal treatment should be strongly considered: to wit Prince Andrew said: "It is very Simple . this is what we do at BalmoralYou just get a truck. You fill it with feed. The Dee come up to it and you shoot them. It is so simple. "

Norman
Marc

Post by Marc »

Thank you all for your well wishes - very kind!

As an "update" - turns out that both of my breaks were both quite bad, and both require surgery to ensure there's no loss of mobility. I just had my hand surgery today to insert pins which will come out in 2-3 weeks. My shoulder has yet to be scheduled.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Sorry to hear that, Marc. Let us know if you need a lift to a doctor's appointment or anything like that. Same goes for Mike. Richard seems to be able to take care of himself. I've seen him bounce up from three crashes in as many months. ;)

Martin
Julie

Post by Julie »

The dear and true bunnies a re cute but both are a hazard when your take on the risks of the road as we do.

I think the royal treatment should be strongly considered: to wit Prince Andrew said: "It is very Simple . this is what we do at BalmoralYou just get a truck. You fill it with feed. The Dee come up to it and you shoot them. It is so simple. "
quoting Norman

I have no problem with hunting, IF you plan on eating the kill, not for aesthetics of our man made environment. It's not about being cute, it's about humans reuniting with humanity, not a bunch of cold, heartless, self important, murderous, mutilating the earth, dictators, etc, etc..(all things bad). We are one with nature, it dies, we die. We die, it flourishes.

What about the humans that do the same thing? Can we shoot them too, because it's worse if a human does it, they understand the rules of the man made enviornment. It be a lot safer without a lot of the people that walk, cycle & drive. A LOT SAFER.
Why stop there....

Marc- I'm sorry about your injuries, it sucks being injured (antsy, sick & sore).
I'm never going to be able to drive (because of my head) but I can cycle you stuff if you need help, just pm me, it's no trouble.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Was the previous crash caused by a car? ( I can't remember)
Last edited by Julie on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam F

Post by Adam F »

Marc - Sorry to hear about the surgeries. I'm going to pick up your bike from Tammy and Trevor's house (where the crash happened) this weekend and bring it over to my place at 941 Lawndale. It can sit at my place as long as needed. I've also got a glove and bottle. Let me know when you want to come by. Adam
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi Adam,

Thanks for grabbing my bike, is there any chance you could drop it off at Oak Bay Bikes? I'm going to have a hard time getting over that part of town for the next while sadly :(

Let me know! Also, sending you a PM with my cell number.

Thanks,

Marc