Road shoe recommendations

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

LouiseF

Road shoe recommendations

Post by LouiseF »

Some of you who've ridden with me lately and heard me whine, know that I am having a helluva time with numb feet. I'm not convinced its my shoes but since it is high time I replace my falling apart specialized road shoes, I'm trying to buy a pair that at a minimum, won't make this worse, and might even improve things a bit. My current shoes have carbon soles so they are very stiff and they are the 3 velcro strap style (circa 2006).

I've been doing bit of reading on what is out there but I know there is a lot of knowledge in this group so would love any recommendations. I am not tied to getting a women's specific shoe.

Thanks!
Claire

Re: Road shoe recommendations

Post by Claire »

I won't try to give a specific recommendation since tootsies are so individual (and I hear you on the numb feet - although mine are cold-triggered... where "cold" is anything below 15 degrees). But any shoe with the cool windy-knob gets points for making a neat noise, and for tightening up just enough - with easy on-the-fly adjusting capabilities. I'd also definitely stick with a carbon sole. You don't want to feel a pressure point where the cleat is.

Good luck.
Dave M

Re: Road shoe recommendations

Post by Dave M »

Hey Louise,

E-mail me or call on my cell.

Cheers,

Dave M