2015 Tripleshot Xmas Party

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

2015 Tripleshot Xmas Party

Post by John D »

The 2015 Tripleshot Xmas Party will be held on Saturday December 5th at the White Eagle Polish Hall on 90 Dock Street in James Bay.

Please stay tuned for info on where/how to purchase tickets, and how YOU can help us out with this event.

The Management
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
bikehart

Re: 2015 Tripleshot Xmas Party

Post by bikehart »

Come one come all, get your tickets to the 2015 TSC Christmas Party:
http://bikehart.com/cart/index.php?main ... x&cPath=11
Claire

Post by Claire »

Sounds groovy. Is there somewhere else where info on "helping out" is posted? I've heard it referenced at the start of rides, but haven't seen any specifics yet.
Thanks.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thanks Claire for wanting to help out, and to the rest of you who are chomping at the bit to help out…

Please copy and paste the below list and add your name to the list below!

thanks

Music
(provide a playlist for the evening that doesn't suck, Mike E is providing the music playing equipment)

Set-Up
(4:00 - 6:00)
1. Paula

Clean Up
(11:00 - 12:00)

Slide Show
(collect/compile images from members and others, set to music, make us look heroic. Includes sourcing projector and laptop)
1. Calgary Steve

Pot Luck - ALL who want to eat bring food
(Kristin has volunteered to coordinate the potluck stuff - but she will need people to help her out - especially at the start of the night and during the night to set-up the pot luck table and keep an eye on it if it needs some utensils, organization etc)

Tickets
(Tickets are on sale online, but will also be available at the door - so we need people to take turns at the door selling tickets and checking people off the list who have bought tickets, and selling door price tickets)

Bar Stuff
(we have volunteer bartenders from the Lions Club/or Shriners that we make a donation to, so this would include picking up supplies, helping with set-up and clean-up)

Door prizes
(if you have some great connections that might want to donate something towards our door prizes, please feel free to do so, either put your name down here or let me know specifics - paulashaw@shaw.ca)
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Music
(provide a playlist for the evening that doesn't suck, Mike E is providing the music playing equipment)

Set-Up
1. Paula

Clean Up

Slide Show
(collect/compile images from members and others, set to music, make us look heroic. Includes sourcing projector and laptop)
1. Calgary Steve

(Kristin has volunteered to coordinate the potluck stuff - but she will need people to help her out - especially at the start of the night and during the night to set-up the pot luck table and keep an eye on it if it needs some utensils, organization etc)

Tickets
(Tickets are on sale online, but will also be available at the door - so we need people to take turns at the door selling tickets and checking people off the list who have bought tickets, and selling door price tickets)
1. Stéphane

Bar Stuff
(we have volunteer bartenders from the Lions Club/or Shriners that we make a donation to, so this would include picking up supplies, helping with set-up and clean-up)

Door prizes
(if you have some great connections that might want to donate something towards our door prizes, please feel free to do so, either put your name down here or let me know specifics - paulashaw@shaw.ca)
MWhiticar

Post by MWhiticar »

Hi,

Put me down for Set-up ... As usual I will let Paula pull most of the way and I'll suck along behind her on this too :D
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Would someone more techie than I " cut and paste " me for selling tickets at the door please.
Party on
Paul C.
bradzarikoff

Post by bradzarikoff »

Hey crew, what's the protocol on bringing your significant other? Do they have to come in lycra, or is there a skill-testing question involved?
Brad Z.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Music

Set-Up
1. Paula

Clean Up

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M

Tickets
(Tickets are on sale online, but will also be available at the door - so we need people to take turns at the door selling tickets and checking people off the list who have bought tickets, and selling door prize tickets)
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.

Bar Stuff

Door prizes
Claire

Post by Claire »

Music

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar

Clean Up

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M

Tickets
(Tickets are on sale online, but will also be available at the door - so we need people to take turns at the door selling tickets and checking people off the list who have bought tickets, and selling door prize tickets)
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.

Bar Stuff

Door prizes
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

ClaireM wrote:Music

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar
3. Kenji

Clean Up

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M

Tickets
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.

Bar Stuff

Door prizes
Kenji Jackson
alan boden

Post by alan boden »

Music
1. Alan Boden - helped with it last year...

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar
3. Kenji
4. Alan Boden

Clean Up

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M

Tickets
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.
Alan Boden
GarthC

Post by GarthC »

Music

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar

Clean Up

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M
2. Garth C.

Tickets
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.

Bar Stuff

Door prizes
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Music

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar

Clean Up
1. Neil

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M
2. Garth C.
3. Neil

Tickets
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.

Bar Stuff

Door prizes
Louise Wallace

Post by Louise Wallace »

Report this post Reply with quote
Music

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar

Clean Up
1. Neil
2.jim wallace
3.louise wallace

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M
2. Garth C.
3. Neil

Tickets
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.

Bar Stuff

Door prizes
amyeee

Post by amyeee »

I think some people got missed by mistake in the copying and pasting. I think I've included everyone here, and me!

Music

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar
3. Kenji
4. Alan Boden

Clean Up
1. Neil
2. Jim Wallace
3. Louise Wallace
4. Amy

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M
2. Garth
3. Neil

Tickets
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.
Claire

Post by Claire »

I'm happy to provide some playlist tunes on my iPod... What genre are we after? Given the audience... probably oldies??? :lol: Oh right - there are juniors to think of too. But seriously - are we encouraging dancing, napping, fighting, hanky-panky..?? I wouldn't want to set the wrong mood...

Also, am I missing something, or has the time not been mentioned? I now have a competing event that night, but before I blow it off, I should confirm that it actually competes :)
Paula

Post by Paula »

THANKS everyone who has signed up to volunteer!

Claire, as to your question about music genre... If you provide the music you have the power.

A mix is great. I haven't seen dancing yet at a tripleshot Xmas party, but maybe that happened before my time and it's time to revive it.

The party usually goes to around 11, and starts 6:00. Others, please feel free to chime in (not that one usually needs to write that on the forum!)
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

I can help with the music. I have about 7800 songs in my music library - everything from Neil Diamond to Adele's latest hits. I'll put together a play list that will be suitable to a wide range of ages, or at least tolerable to most, and hopefully will inspire some dancing! I'll generally be available to help out in other areas too. My considerable talents and special skillset uniquely qualifies me for the following positions: greeter, hostess, busgirl, waitress, bartender, and garbage collector.

Oh, and I will be bringing award winning chocolate peanut butter brownies. Yes, that's right, turning up the heat on the culinary competition. :D
rich m.

Post by rich m. »

Music

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. M Whiticar
3. Kenji
4. Alan Boden

Clean Up
1. Neil
2. Jim Wallace
3. Louise Wallace
4. Amy

Slide Show
1. Calgary Steve

1. Claire M
2. Garth
3. Neil

Tickets
1. Stéphane
2. Paul C.
3. Rich M.