Spond Puts Events in my Google Calendar

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

macraebr

Spond Puts Events in my Google Calendar

Post by macraebr »

Does anyone know how to stop Spond populating my calendar with an event for every ride I can see in Spond? Somehow I have recently set this in motion but I can't find how to turn it off. Is it a Spond or a calendar thing?

Help! My calendar is cluttered with events I don't need to see.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
macraebr

Re: Spond Puts Events in my Google Calendar

Post by macraebr »

I have found a solution (I hope) to Spond putting events in my Google calendar.

There is an option (Calendar Settings) in my profile in the Spond app. It is not available on the web site. In that option, there is an Events section. In that section you can choose to synchronize accepted and/or unanswered events in your calendar. Apparently, this will work with Apple iCalendar or Google Calendar. You choose which under the Default Calendar option. My profile on my phone says that I haven't chosen a default calendar but events are showing up in one of my Google calendars anyway. I am hopeful that Spond will stop populating my calendar going forward.

I have not yet found a way to remove multiple events at a time from my Google Calendar. The process to remove individual events is a little faster if I change the calendar to Schedule view. I'm not sure how far forward Spond populated my calendar. Hopefully, I'll hit that point soon.
Rolf

Re: Spond Puts Events in my Google Calendar

Post by Rolf »

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting journey, Bruce.

For all the many benefits it offers our club and members, Spond still has plenty of quirks and issues. The board has taken 2 or 3 alternative apps for a test drive over the past year or so but we have yet to find a better alternative.

I hope your calendar clears up soon! 8)