2022 Cyclocross Clinics - first one this Sunday!

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Vegan Dave

2022 Cyclocross Clinics - first one this Sunday!

Post by Vegan Dave »

Hey everyone!

'Cross is coming, and so is the Cyclocross Skills School! Three upcoming sessions, each is focused on increasingly challenging cyclocross skills, sign up for any or all!

Great skills for gravel riders as well, you'll come out of this with better bike handling skills and more confidence on all terrain. Head over to https://www.AboutTheRide.ca to RSVP, and check out our full collection of local cyclocross and gravel resources as well!

Also: I'm happy to do a club clinic, I did this for the Elements team last year, it's harder to cover everything that we do in 3 sessions, but can cover a lot of ground, just would need 5+ people to sign up, let me know if you'd be interested in this as well!

PS - any chance the admins would post this to Spond? =)

Rolf

Re: 2022 Cyclocross Clinics - first one this Sunday!

Post by Rolf »

Hi Dave. Thanks for sharing info on your clinics! I’ve moved your thread over here to Cyclocross & Gravel since the TS Cycling topic is reserved for Club announcements. We also don’t usually promote businesses (e.g. on Spond) that aren’t sponsors of the club. But I’m hopeful you’ll get some TS members signing up.

We’re actually currently looking for volunteers to put together some clinics focused more on gravel and trail riding skills rather than cyclocross race skills. We’ve got a good number of members with MTB coaching certificates and experience. Just need someone to pull them together. If this sounds like something you’d like to help with, please let us know: tripleshotcyclingclub@gmail.com
Vegan Dave

Re: 2022 Cyclocross Clinics - first one this Sunday!

Post by Vegan Dave »

Hey Rolf, sorry about that! Seemed like all the conversations were happening in that area, sorry I'm not one of the cool kids!! :P

That's very generous of you to refer to this as a business, I wish it were!! It's really more of a passion project and hoping to fill a space that's lacking in the cycling community - CX has some pretty niche skill requirements and it's not easy picking them up, I had to learn a lot the hard way. I've been doing CX clinics on and off for well over a decade, trying to help people get into the sport. I'd prefer to offer it for free, but it's a LOT of work prepping and promoting this sort of thing. (Plus a lot of participants end up swag valued more than the cost - I've got some tires to give away for example!)

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't have a ton of spare time otherwise, and really am not too deep into the gravel world (I like short and intense with a focus on skills and bike handling, not so much long and grind-y!!), but will send a note in case there's somewhere I can jump in and be of help. =)

Oh - looks like we've got a theme for this years COTR series as well!