Tues July 26 - Safety “Social Talk” … ?

Reporting road/trail conditions, accidents; Advocacy

Moderator: mfarnham

JamesB

Tues July 26 - Safety “Social Talk” … ?

Post by JamesB »

I’ve got my amenity room (w patio off main level) booked already for Tues, July 26th from 4 pm to 10.
It was meant for something else, but maybe this is where we start with a very informal idea sharing.

I can have frosted glasses on standby … :mrgreen:

If 3 or more members sign up in the next week we’ll go ahead with it. Bring a bag of chips, a pop or a beer. No stress or any kind of finger pointing … just a group of fun and healthy adult-children who might wanna share some thoughts on how to keep each other, ourselves and our Beautiful Club - as Safe as possible.

If you can make it and want to participate, put your name below and tell us what time would work best for you.
Eventually, if it makes sense we might even propose a few concepts to think about before we meet.

83 Saghalie Road
Free street parking but often very busy.
Free bike lock stations immediately beside the patio on ground level.
Anybody have a cassette of Men Without Hats and a Boom Box … we could call it a “Safety Dance”!! :shock:
JamesB

Re: Tues July 26 - Safety “Social Talk” … ?

Post by JamesB »

:roll:
Attachments
7042B095-1650-440F-9A77-1C6B487AD622.jpeg
JamesB

Post by JamesB »

Humour is definitely encouraged for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XC3Hc-rAkk
robhasegawa

Post by robhasegawa »

Sign me up.
7:00 pm works best
CHenderson

Post by CHenderson »

James, as always, thank you for your initiative in trying to improve the club!

The board is also busy ensuring everyone's enjoyment and safety on TripleShot rides.
We are always open to discussing issues that matter to the membership, including safety. We also believe that safety is every member’s responsibility, not just the board. We encourage everyone to address issues that arise on their rides, and if we can all learn from it, to post a message on the forum as well.

I am not available for your gathering; I dog walk at the SPCA most Tuesday nights. However, I would be happy to try to setup a coffee again! Our schedules did not match up last we tried.
JamesB

Post by JamesB »

Last call for voices to attend the “possible” safety social.

Without a minimum of 3 of You (and me as your secretary) this doesn’t make much sense.
Thanks so far to Rob and Chelsea for the support.

I too am a 100% believer that the Safety Cause is one that we each shoulder for ourselves despite the desire, awareness or sometimes, expectation that our board has to make decisions (some, but maybe not all) on our behalf. This is your chance to voice your ideas. If you’ve come this far already, you’ve most likely already gotten past my “Safety Manifesto” and deserve a friggi’n medal or sump’m, so this is the perfect venue to bring any and all safety questions and ideas. Can’t promise answers, but can guarantee to deliver cammeraderie and a place to record them for shared consumption and to address them as the group we are all a part of.

My role is not to talk but rather to host and if it’s suitable, do the secretarial part of recording your questions, concerns or ideas.
JamesB

Post by JamesB »

Please cut and paste this list and add your name to it, If you’re planning to attend. Thx.
7 pm at 83 Saghalie Road - patio entrance at street level (BYOB)

James - only as the secretary though - you’ve already put up with my words

Rob H
John Th
JamesB

Post by JamesB »

Please cut and paste this list and add your name to it, If you’re planning to attend. Thx.
7 pm at 83 Saghalie Road - patio entrance at street level (BYOB)

Rob H
John Th
Carlton D

You’ll notice I’ve added the last 2 names here. My understanding is that while pretty well all members are set up on Spond, many new’sih members have not yet set up their Forum accounts. I can’t help you set up the Forum account but if you message me in Spond, I can add your name to the above list.

One final note to add … when we talk Safety and we’re actually in the moment (eg. On our bikes doing 28+ kms/hr with cars and fellow riders all around us) it’s really, Really hard not to feel or add “emotion” in our thoughts and words. That’s part of why I wanted to suggest this happen after hours - out of kit, no helmets, but rather a 100% social and casual setting … No post-ride Emotion. If you’re like me, when you ride your bike it’s often a younger “version” of yourself at the controls. But for this social, let’s try to bring the fully “adult” version of ourselves to the evening whether we talk safety, or not. Cheers.
JamesB

Post by JamesB »

Rob H
John Th
Carlton D
Sam S

83 Saghalie Road - Ground level patio off main entrance
7 pm - grass-roots stuff about safety in a social setting
JamesB

Post by JamesB »

We’re full speed ahead for tonight’s Safety Social.
Think casual, relaxed and social conversation. It’ll start at 7 and it’s now “Drop In” - no commitment req’d in advance.
As with any event hosted here at this address, all BOD members (past and present) will be welcomed with a free beer, snacks and/or a pop and lots, and LOTS of R-E-S-P-E-C-T and Thanks. If you should miss it, don’t worry, the conversation will always be available.