Racing_in_2022

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

JohnT

Racing_in_2022

Post by JohnT »

I am posting here to catch as many people as possible. I will restrict myself to the Racing Section after this. I can't believe it, and I am organizing... the first Victoria Cycling League (VCL) race is next week! Our club supports/manages the races at Westshore Motorsport Park (formerly 'The Speedway'). Our races are April 6, April 20, May 4, and June 1. These events are part of a larger race schedule, that I will post shortly.

This venue is an amazing place to get started. No parked cars, no pot-holes or gravel and, to some extent, no-drops. That is, if you can't keep up, just take a short rest and rejoin the pack a minute later when they lap you. We will have A, B, and C races. C is for beginners and, at this time of the year, it's a great place for first-timers. Your race will last about 30 minutes.

It is also a great venue for watching races. Music and you can see the entire course from the stands (unlike street circuits).

I will get back to you with some more details... C race will start sometime between 5:30 and 6 pm. It will cost about $15 per person and you can enter only one race/night. Racers will tend to improve (over the season) faster than regular riders who don't race. I mention this to encourage those who are keen but apprehensive (race-curious), to enter now. It will be harder, even in C, to start in June.

Most people ride to the race. If you drive, be sure to give yourself time to deal with traffic.

Cheers,

JohnT
Paulchristopher

Re: Racing_in_2022

Post by Paulchristopher »

Great to hear this John.
Thanks for another VCL season.

I encourage first timers or old timers, such as ME, to try C Speedway races.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

I always remember advice John once gave for those who feel too out of shape to race in April (which is pretty much all of us).

"Race into shape!" he said.

Seriously, the weather looks great on Wednesday. Kick start your summer season by showing up. And you'll be doing the older Youth Team kids a service by giving them (alternatively) a draft and someone to drop. ;)

Martin
Roland

Post by Roland »

Holy poop, it starts this week? I forgot to get into shape.

:oops:
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Roland

Post by Roland »

Need help with registration?
Roland

Post by Roland »