Four reasons to renew your Tripleshot membership this week

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Four reasons to renew your Tripleshot membership this week

Post by Rolf »

1. Cycling BC (CBC) offers an early bird renewal discount until Jan. 10.

2. Neither CBC nor Tripleshot prorate membership fees if you renew later in the year. So waiting for rides to start up again before you renew won't save you money. (And you KNOW you're going to renew at some point, right!? 😃)

3. Despite our adult group-ride program remaining on hiatus, the Tripleshot Youth Team continues to train and develop young athletes. Overhead and expenses also continue. Renewing now gives our Club financial certainty and keeps things running smoothly.

4. Similarly, Cycling BC faces a potentially huge drop in revenue with club activities and races/events shut down. Together these make up 63% of the Society's income. By renewing early, you can help CBC maintain operations and continue to deliver the membership benefits we all enjoy.

Thanks for continuing to support our Club and cycling in B.C. during these weird times!

Here's the 2021 renewal link: ccnbikes.com/#!/events/2021-tripleshot-cycling-membership

Curran

Re: Four reasons to renew your Tripleshot membership this week

Post by Curran »

I think a good value too in the medical expense insurance that comes with Cycling BC membership (even for the solo rides we're on now), but I can't seem to find any details on what it actually covers.

Does anyone have any actual legal description, and/or experience using the insurance?

- Curran
Rolf

Re: Four reasons to renew your Tripleshot membership this week

Post by Rolf »

Hi Curran,

You've probably already gone here, but overviews of CBC's insurance offerings are laid out on their website: https://cyclingbc.net/membership/insurance/ There's a phone number listed for Erin Waugh at the Society; I encourage you to ask Erin directly about any specific issues you have. I note coverage questions are also referred to CBC's brokers: Jones Brown Inc. at 604-608-6323.

Some members (Deb Miller comes to mind) have had very successful experiences with the optional bike loss coverage. This coverage is probably wise for higher-value bikes, and if you undertake activities where crash speeds are more likely to cause catastrophic frame damage etc. — e.g. the more dangerous disciplines, like bombing down staircases in South American, hillside favelas; mass-start glacier MTB races; and, of course, road riding. :P

Cycling BC's early bird discount expires tonight at midnight. We're getting a steady flood of renewals. Take the time to rejoin Tripleshot today!