Surfski Paddling - Clinic Sat Sept 19th

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Greg Miller

Surfski Paddling - Clinic Sat Sept 19th

Post by Greg Miller »

Hello everyone,

For anyone looking for another outdoor, covid-friendly fitness outlet I encourage you to consider trying surfski paddling at an introduction clinic being held next Saturday September 19th at 10am-12pm.

Surfski is a performance kayak with an open cockpit and a footboard to enable a stroke that involves leg drive, core strength, and upper body strength.  It is a great cardio sport with a good element of technical challenge that is addicting.  It is rewarding and peaceful during calm conditions, and super fun surfing waves when the wind is up.  There are stable, beginner models which are very easy to learn in, and more advanced boats to provide a never ending quest of mastery.  I started the sport last summer to add some variety to cycling, to get on the water again (which is my background), and to help with the hip flexor / low back issues I have had.  

The sport is gaining popularity throughout the world and locally has a huge following in Deep Cove (North Van) and Bellingham.  In my opinion, with all of the outdoor, fitness minded people in Victoria, and the abundance of ocean access and lakes it should be popular here too.  

Please send me a PM if you have any questions about the sport or if you would like the registration information.  
Thanks,Greg