Everesting (No, Not Me!!)

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Everesting (No, Not Me!!)

Post by barton bourassa »

this is a great read! (tis better to have read and not to have eversted than to never have read at all; Barton Bourassa, 2020)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/spor ... cords.html
Barton Bourassa
Rolf

Re: Everesting (No, Not Me!!)

Post by Rolf »

Phil Gaimon did a fun interview last week with the Irish feller who beat Contador's record by 20+ minutes. They talk about the weird bike modifications, the ideal gradient etc.

Some locals have done this, too: notably, Clay Webb and Fabian Merino on the Observatory in 2015, and Ethan Pauly and Jackson Bocksnick on Bear Mountain just last month, raising money for KidSport.
John D

Post by John D »

Don't forget Andrew Neale...on Munn Road, no less!

JD
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

That was amazing!! When asked why, Andrew answered, why not? My internal respone, well, because that would really hurt! Awesome Andrew!!
Barton Bourassa
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Oh silly me. Thanks, John!

Here are Andrew’s 84(?) nutty Munn repeats from May. Some associated rumours: (a) he was stuck in his 25 ring and would occasionally switch to his cross bike for some recovery; and (b) he kept track of his repeats by moving pine cones around at the side of the road. Truth, or fiction?

[Sorry, Andrew! I thought I dreamed this. Most of your exploits this year have been difficult to reconcile with reality.]
DarBro

Post by DarBro »

Click on Andrew's Segments for that ride to get a true feel of the Sisyphus nature of this feat