Zwift group rides

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Stéphane Tran

Zwift group rides

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Fro those of you with a home trainer, a Strava account and a Zwift account, I invite you to join the "Victoria Wheelers Zwift Riders" Strava club so we can get some online group riding/racing going.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/561358

If you are not familiar with Zwift, you can do a Youtube or Google search for "Zwift tutorial" to get you up to speed (figuratively speaking).

Stéphane
Stéphane Tran

Re: Zwift group rides

Post by Stéphane Tran »

"Screw COVID" Zwift group ride on Sunday March 22 starting at 9am. Watopia Bg Loop route.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Hi Stéphane,

How do I find this ride? I'm brand new to Zwift and finding it less than intuitive. When I look at the schedule for tomorrow I don't see this ride at 9am. I also can't find your name when I search for Zwifters. So, not sure how to connect.

Any advice? Thanks!

Martin
NickLosier

Post by NickLosier »

Martin, You need the é if you want to find Stéphane. I guess it's picky for characters.
As far as i understand, there will be an option on the starting page where you select what you do for rides organized by friends.

First time doing group stuff on there for me. Not quite sure how it works to be honest
wonger

Post by wonger »

Mandy’s trying to get on as well but can’t find the ride. Zwift is definitely not intuitive.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

They need to work on their signal to noise ratio. Way too much useless info flying at you. I saw a tiny "Nick Losier" name flicker up for a second, but had no way to find him even though he was probably just a few meters away. I can find dozens of rides but nothing with Wheelers or Covid.

Martin
NickLosier

Post by NickLosier »

You can join in with people you follow, that's how we were close.
I'm brand new to this Zwift thing honestly.

We'll try again. We're here for a while after all
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Thanks Nick. It was fun trying to keep you in view for awhile. Yeah...lots to learn!

I think I figured out my problem. Standard failure to follow directions. I think I failed to sign up for the Strava club that Stéphane posted a link to above. As a teacher, Stéphane will be familiar with the problem of people not following instructions. :oops:

Martin
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Hello all,
Zwift does have a bit of a learning curve. I would recommend downloading the "Zwift Companion" app to your iphone/android phone and exploring the features available, specifically following riders (i.e. adding them to your Zwift contacts list) as well as creating and sending invites to "meetups".
Meetups are invite-only rides that do not appear on the main list of Zwift rides.

Stéphane