March 15 Gravel ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

schouten

March 15 Gravel ride

Post by schouten »

I'm aching for a dirt ride. 7:30 from Cookbucks. I don't have a route in mind, and open to suggestions. Weather looks a bit warmer than today and dry, although windy.
Bandit
Dolly

Re: March 15 Gravel ride

Post by Dolly »

I will join you Ron, as long as you keep your social distance and don’t sneeze on my egg sandwich..!😳
schouten

Post by schouten »

Strictly air-fives Dolly!
Bandit
toddhatfield

Post by toddhatfield »

I'm in too.

schouten

Post by schouten »

Okay, I'm working on a route (open to suggestions of course). I'm thinking not too long or gnarly leaving lots of time for coffee after. Feels like a breakfast day...
Bandit
schouten

Post by schouten »

Here's a little route that takes trails we know but against the normal flow. With a mech or two we'll still complete the ride in time for coffee. Destination shows Pluto's but anything okay.

https://www.strava.com/routes/24389270
Bandit
Claire

Post by Claire »

Steve and I are in, too. Since you have said you're open to other route options, Ron, I'm going to suggest a few tweaks:

- instead of Trillium, take the highway trail, Phelps, Belamy and "Scafe Hill Loop Trail" (all are wide double-track types -- it's basically a circumnavigation of Stewart Mtn) to Barker to Highland
- then Panhandle... but Hector Connector rather than Clavert (the west side climb is delightful, and the east side, while rideable for but a few, is not very long)
- breakfast ideas (all have egg sammies!): Rise & Grind on Broad across from Giant shop (window seating, room for bikes [or park at Giant shop!]), Bubby Rose's on Cook (generous sidewalk, good food), Shoal Pt Moka (tried & true), Koffi on Haultain (best coffee of the bunch, $4.25 breakfast sammies)

Just offering up some ideas. I'm not wedded to any of them, just happy to roll along in the dirt with friends.
schouten

Post by schouten »

All great suggestions Claire. I won't plot them on the route, we can just decide as we go.
Bandit
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

It’s still really blowing out there. I am going to hold off and go later if the wind settles. I prefer to not to be squished by a tree... 😳
myboys

Post by myboys »

Dolly,

It’s still blowing at our house. I’ll ride later if you post something.

Mary
schouten

Post by schouten »

Fair enough Dolly. The wind is meant to be less rediculous by the time we are rolling but should make steady improvements throughout the day. Maybe later afternoon is in your cards...
Bandit