Friday the 13th, no more than 250 ppl

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Ddallin

Friday the 13th, no more than 250 ppl

Post by Ddallin »

So, who’s in? I’ve got the day off. So I’d be keen for either a longer rip, or a post coffee follow on? I have no route...
David Dallin
mandreassen

Re: Friday the 13th, no more than 250 ppl

Post by mandreassen »

It's my lucky day! I'm in, Hopefully we have a directional leader....I could stitch something together but I would be lost at least 1/4 of the time...Rolf!? Ron? Claire? Alan? Bueller!? Any Takers? let's hide from the wind under the cozy canopy of the trees...
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I’m in for trees! I’ll have some roots too, as backup.

I will also bring tissues and use both hands when releasing the products of my chronic sinusitis whilst cycling at or near the front...
schouten

Post by schouten »

If I go, JT has to promise not to hock a loogie my way again...
Bandit
Claire

Post by Claire »

I was actually going to do the road ride (I am SO enjoying my summer bike) but with a forecast of 2 degrees (WTF! Is this March in Victoria, or what??) and rain...yuck. I'll hide in the trees and JT's bushes with you guys, too. No loogies or urine, though, please.

Happy to lead a group if two groups makes sense. I know Mark, Rob and Dave like to hammer but have no navigational skills... (it's so nice to feel wanted/useful).
Ddallin

Post by Ddallin »

It’s terrible to think that as a naval officer I can’t navigate...
David Dallin
benmoore

Post by benmoore »

I too shall join this motley crew of rudderless mud jockeys.
Damian P

Post by Damian P »

Hey guys! I was just wondering what time and where you will be meeting tomorrow, only recently discovered this forum existed so hoping I can make it out to a few!

-Damian
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

6:00 a.m. in the Cadboro Bay parking lot of Oak Bay High School; roll-out at 6:05. If it's raining, we'll be under shelter by the front doors.

There'll be a smattering of guys and gals with skinny rubber and fenders, but just look for the smartasses sporting fatter rubber and you'll be among friends...

We'll go fart around in the woods and trails until about 7:15 or 7:30. Most days we join the roadies for coffee at Moka House in James Bay, by Fisherman's Wharf.

Hope to meet you in the morning, Damian!
Last edited by Rolf on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damian P

Post by Damian P »

Thanks Rolf! assuming my alarm manages to wake me up I will be there :D
mandreassen

Post by mandreassen »

Claire, Lol! Get me above the ground with a map...I'll take you wherever you want....On the ground...A few plan B to Z's required!
Claire wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 pm I was actually going to do the road ride (I am SO enjoying my summer bike) but with a forecast of 2 degrees (WTF! Is this March in Victoria, or what??) and rain...yuck. I'll hide in the trees and JT's bushes with you guys, too. No loogies or urine, though, please.

Happy to lead a group if two groups makes sense. I know Mark, Rob and Dave like to hammer but have no navigational skills... (it's so nice to feel wanted/useful).