Sunday, March 8 - Blacktail, Hazlitt, Corry Redux

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Sunday, March 8 - Blacktail, Hazlitt, Corry Redux

Post by Rolf »

I'm going to try this route tomorrow.

It's a variation on this ride from last November which was super rainy and early, but hit some interesting new terrain, including the fun, flowy Hazlitt Creek Park trail. I'd expect our pace and time (3:20) to be similar—ie. not slow, but all-abilities-friendly.*

Cookbucks at 7:30, caesars and chai lattes by 11:00?

*May nonetheless disrupt coiffured hair-dos.
Alan

Re: Sunday, March 8 - Blacktail, Hazlitt, Corry Redux

Post by Alan »

I'm in, If I can fix my darned unruly hair.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I'm less worried about this ...

than I am about this ...

If the -1C forecast comes true, I may ride later with Jill et al. - so don't wait for me, or ride by and piss on my bushes.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Piss on your bushes?

No, never, immature, juvenile, childish, amateur...
schouten

Post by schouten »

Darn, I missed this ride last time too but I'm on dad driving duty in the morning. I will go on a 10:45ish ride instead; solo or with company if there are any takers (JT, TXT me if you get stood up by Jill again). Have fun!
Bandit
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Figbug says it’s only minus on the far side of Thetis, Johnny; and the sun will be coming up when we get over there...

Or is it the hair thing?
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Rolf wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:46 am Figbug says it’s only minus on the far side of Thetis, Johnny; and the sun will be coming up when we get over there...

Or is it the hair thing?
Rolf, the ultrastrong magnetic that is hanging with you, Alan, Ron and the others, was weaker this morning than was the drive to go into the office and work through an interesting science/math puzzle. And, it's freaking cold and my hair is tragic this a.m.

Love and kisses,
JT
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I'll play second fiddle to a science/math puzzle any day! Glad you came for coffee.

What a nutty ride. When it flowed, it was fiiine. I look forward to returning to Hazlitt Creek—Alan's roots notwithstanding.

But you know it's late winter when bikes break down that much (and there are that many new pointy rocks exposed after the waters recede!) I came out from coffee to a slow-leak, making it 5 for 5 riders, and a total of 11 mechanicals. :shock: