March 29 advance planning gnarly pseudo-MTB ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Claire

March 29 advance planning gnarly pseudo-MTB ride

Post by Claire »

Cause I love planning, riding on dirt, doing things that are unusual/inappropriate (a gravel bike on black-diamond MTB trails - woof!) and having fun things to look forward to... I'm giving advance notice that I'm scheming up something gnarly for Sunday the 29th (the next free Sunday I have -- don't feel too bad, I'll be in Mexico for two of them).

So if you've been wondering, "When is Claire going to plan a ride that includes barely-rideable trails and lots of hills?" -- wonder no more!

I'll follow up with details like start time (early but not dark) distance and time estimates in a bit, when it doesn't seem to distant. But plan on a 10 or 11 out of 10 on the gnarly scale (given our chosen equipment) and a full morning of arm-rattling fun, much of it in the Hartland area.
rduncan

Re: March 29 advance planning gnarly pseudo-MTB ride

Post by rduncan »

If I had capacity to add a gif to demonstrate my excitment I would add it.

"insert gif on how excited Rob is about this"

and pseudo mtn biking? Let's just call it what it is. Underbiking. We sound way cooler that way. I'll take all the cool points I can get.
Rob Duncan
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

rduncan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:56 pm"insert gif on how excited Rob is about this"
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

rduncan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:56 pm "insert gif on how excited Rob is about this"
Bit busy, Rob, and so the best I can do is this oldie but goodie ...

rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Both are A plus. And now that you’ve responded to the thread I’ll assume that both of you fine fellows will be joining us in this underbiking extravaganza
Rob Duncan
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Claire wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:01 pm But plan on a 11 out of 10 on the gnarly scale.
Whoa, Claire!  Don't you know what happened to this metal band when they tried some similar funny business ...

... washed-up and questioning themselves ...

Despite the inherent risks, and depending on whatever other options present, I might just take up you up on your offer, Claire. Watching you and Rob, 500 meters ahead of the rest of us, chasing the monster brings security and joy.

Johnny B. Tyre
Last edited by JTyre on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
schouten

Post by schouten »

I'm there in spirit and, fingers crossed, body too.
Bandit
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

rduncan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:07 pmAnd now that you’ve responded to the thread I’ll assume that both of you fine fellows will be joining us in this underbiking extravaganza
Alan

Post by Alan »

It's possible I have something better to do that day, sorry.

JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Claire, I just realized that you're talk'n three weeks from now :shock:. I should read these posts more carefully. I'm out. Enjoy Mexico.