Friday, March 6 - (Partially) Off-Road Bicycle Ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Friday, March 6 - (Partially) Off-Road Bicycle Ride

Post by Rolf »

Who wants to ride their bicycle for fun tomorrow?!

As the weather and light have been improving, I’ve noticed a conspicuous amount of smooth rubber emerging from people’s sheds and basements. :o (Along with muttered ruminations on “training” and “goals”... :lol: )

On the plus-side, our Strava feeds are gradually becoming less choked up with virtual "rides" and other non-GPS activities (which in my perfect world would all be marked Private. :D )

Maybe Shelbourne warm-up, Bow, Blenki Greenway, Upper Quadra, Beckwith, Brydon, Colquitz, and the Goose to coffee? Something like this, or maybe this? We’ll get sweaty AND have some fun doing it!

Other ideas?

See you remaining slackers at 6!

Last edited by Rolf on Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouiseF

Re: Friday, March 6 - Off-Road Bicycle Ride

Post by LouiseF »

Rolf I can't see your links. I love the idea of shelbourne to bow trail. Gets me an extra 30 minutes of sleep, which this week is REALLY needed. Considerably increases the likelihood I'll get out tomorrow :D
schouten

Post by schouten »

This is acceptable
Bandit
benmoore

Post by benmoore »

Your thinly veiled digs at Zwift trainers notwithstanding, I will be there with knobbly tires and bells on.
Claire

Post by Claire »

I'd like to suit up in knobbies tomorrow and offer to lead a "slightly quicker and less stoppy" group. Maybe something (pace-wise) like this really fun one with Rob, Mark and Ben.
schouten

Post by schouten »

Looks like I'm out. Back tire won't hold pressure... And I thought I had it fixed ☹️
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Ronny, put in a new tube, and I’ll bring one tomorrow if you don’t have one 🙃.
Claire

Post by Claire »

JTyre wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:54 pm Ronny, put in a new tube, and I’ll bring one tomorrow if you don’t have one 🙃.
Maybe that's an inside joke, but Ron runs tubeless (right?)... (as all self-respecting off-roadies ought to :D )
schouten

Post by schouten »

Indeed, I am Johnny. And I've also become emotionally attached to the idea of staying up late and binge watching shows on Netflix!
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

No inside joke there, Claire. Ronald could still pop out that faulty valve and put in a tube, as I would if I really enjoyed the company of myself.

Keep up the Netflix quarantine, Reginald. May I suggest Peaky Blinders if you really want to know the true meaning of addiction.

p.s. I’ll also have a spare tubeless valve with me, Ron.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Looks like a number of possible approaches. Don’t feel tied to Shelbourne to meet up with us. If we make it we will head to OBH. Or we might just head north.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I’ll commit to Shelby —> left on Feltham, L3. Better than slogging it through the mulchy golf course—and it may allow time for a few extra doddles on the way back into town from Glanford....
Alan

Re: Friday, March 6 - (Partially) Off-Road Bicycle Ride

Post by Alan »

I hate you all
Sadly, I’m stuck in Vancouver whilst trying to save the world from health privateers.
On the plus side, my knobby tires seem to work well on the Central Valley Greenway
:roll:
https://www.letsgobiking.net/intermedi