Recovery from crash at Thursday TTT

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

jbarrett

Recovery from crash at Thursday TTT

Post by jbarrett »

Thank you everyone for your concern this morning after my wheel touching crash after the deer warning. Especially to Alan Cook who accompanied me on the ride back home. I'm heeding Alan's advice and will visit ER if there's any headache or nausea, but so far after a good breakfast and a bit of a rest all seems well. Just feels like a bang on the head and the stiffness and sting of road rash on my hip and elbow. The helmet definitely took the brunt of the impact. Thank goodness for helmets. I should be back on the road after a few days off the bike.
Accidents happen although the darkness and deer were certainly contributing factors. I was towards the end of the long line where the slowing gets magnified for the last ones. These things do happen.
Ann

Re: Recovery from crash at Thursday TTT

Post by Ann »

Joe, I'm so glad to hear that you are ok. Thank you for posting the update.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Feel better, Mr. B! Way to keep your chin up.
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

Sorry to hear about your crash Joe, but glad to hear you are feeling okay and displaying your wisdom. Take your time in returning to the road ... we'll look forward to having you back in the bunch. Andrew
rmmierau@gmail.com

Post by rmmierau@gmail.com »

Joe I am glad you are ok take it easy
Ron
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Sorry to hear about the crash Joe. Thanks for the info, glad that you are ok and on the mend. Deer a quite the hazard on all of our rides. A few years ago we had a stag jump through the A group as we headed toward McGill Road 😱. Somehow it missed us and we stayed up. I am sure Trevor, Peter and a few others will never forget that moment.