Friday cross

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Claire

Friday cross

Post by Claire »

My mind is already at work putting together something for the wee hours tomorrow. I'll have a couple variants ready depending on numbers. Happy to be one of two (or more!) ride planners/navigators. I'll post a route suggestion sometime before 10pm. As the floodwaters arereceding, much of our regular terrain is once again accessible. Rejoice!
schouten

Re: Friday cross

Post by schouten »

I won't be there Claire. My Valentine looked at me wondering what was more important this Friday morning. Biking with you lot or heading out for an early, extravagant breakfast. I'm playing it smart...
Last edited by schouten on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bandit
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Super smart... after spending all Wednesday on gravel!

Hey Claire. I'm thinking of doing this bobble out to Broadmead/Colquitz. Maybe breakfast after...

LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

I'll be out with a rare opportunity to actually to have a quick coffee visit. See you guys at OBH.
mashby

Post by mashby »

Thank you Rolf! I didn't know you could use an umlaut without a letter under it. Learned something.

IAS, I'm a mediocre swimmer. do I need water wings to get across the Panama canal these days?
Claire

Post by Claire »

Panama is passable. But the currents have left some dandy perpendicular ruts, so a little caution is advised! Oh, and parts are still under water but if you pick the right line, your feet may stay dry.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

I’m planning to make a rare appearance and I am posting this so that when my alarm goes off I have some skin in the game and am not tempted to hit snooze....
Claire

Post by Claire »

Here's what I was thinking: https://www.strava.com/routes/23877461

I built it before seeing Rolf's route but they are pretty darn similar! Tell ya what - if two groups, let's each take a group on the route of our own devising. If there's only one group, the one whose route we use can buy the other coffee. :lol:
Ann

Post by Ann »

Magnus wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 pm I’m planning to make a rare appearance and I am posting this so that when my alarm goes off I have some skin in the game and am not tempted to hit snooze....
Ditto
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Magnus wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 pm ...so that when my alarm goes off I have some skin in the game and am not tempted to hit snooze....
Probably the most important function of the forum generally. (That and sharing diacritic novelties.)