Van Isle Traverse

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

markuspirker

Van Isle Traverse

Post by markuspirker »

So I found this fantastic trip report and immediately thought that this would make for a fantastic informal event..... one of these days. https://forums.mtbr.com/bikepacking-bik ... 79909.html
schouten

Re: Van Isle Traverse

Post by schouten »

This looks amazing and I want to do it. But this has to be planned way in the future. I'm not sure I can negotiate using this much of my vacation time on non-family activities either... sigh.
Bandit
Ddallin

Post by Ddallin »

#bucketlist
David Dallin
Andy B.

Post by Andy B. »

That looks great. It would be nice to find another route from the end of Lake Cowichan to Port Alberni as it is a big industrial road and kind of boring. Maybe up to Nanaimo Lakes and connect to Cameron Main though it would likely mean lots of climbing and it doesn't seem to be something people talk about... Labour Day Lake just seems so close to some roads coming from Fourth Lake.
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Markus, let’s do it next year in June. Provided that is that I’m not riding the tour divide and you’re not doing it with me.
Rob Duncan
markuspirker

Post by markuspirker »

Andy B. wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:12 am That looks great. It would be nice to find another route from the end of Lake Cowichan to Port Alberni as it is a big industrial road and kind of boring. Maybe up to Nanaimo Lakes and connect to Cameron Main though it would likely mean lots of climbing and it doesn't seem to be something people talk about... Labour Day Lake just seems so close to some roads coming from Fourth Lake.
Andy,
I was thinking the same thing. The hike a bike along labour day lake is probably very challenging, it it seems so close though to connect to the clear cut area. Good thing is that if it's done in the NS direction you can always return to the plotted route without loosing too much time.