Sunday CX - the last ride before the snow?

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

LouiseF

Sunday CX - the last ride before the snow?

Post by LouiseF »

Anyone planning a Sunday ride for tmrw?

I'll be out and this time will be bringing BFF's hubby, riding Greg's bike. If there isn't a group going out we'll probably do the kind of regular-ish Thetis loop - Camosun trails to Glendale - Logan Park - Calvert - trail from Prospect to Munn's - Panhandle trail into Thetis. We're happy to have others join us and if there are no other takers we might even do a slightly later start time - like 8 am.

Happy to join another ride too and bail early if we need to.
Rolf

Re: Sunday CX - the last ride before the snow?

Post by Rolf »

I've got to be somewhere at 10, dressed in something other than muddy lycra. So I'm heading out earlier than most people would want to go (6?) and thus likely solo.

But let me know if you're interested... :)

schouten

Post by schouten »

I'm hoping to see a post for a 7:30 ride. Sorry Rolf.
Bandit
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Ron, if you wanna join us feel free to start at SBX at 730 and head up this way. We could meet you on Lochside or somewhere....Also happy to wait for any other ideas that we might join in on. Just throwing out our back up plan.
schouten

Post by schouten »

That sounds good L3. I'm pretty easy going about where we go and don't have my mind set on anywhere in particular. I've been toying around with eventually doing this ride:

https://www.strava.com/routes/23351560

And it could be adapted by cutting out the Millhouse exodus to Skirt Climbs (x2) and just heading down Phelps. Depending on other rider interest and the desire for coffee, I could continue on the Skirt Climbs on my own or shorten it.

But again, I'm open to any other ideas too if that is not what you had in mind. Let me know.
Last edited by schouten on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I was going to post a ride but had a nap instead.  In that nap, I dreamt that Rolf showed up at my place at 10am tomorrow morning dressed like this,
Friends, tell me, am I sick?

Ron, your link isn't working for me, but the description of your ride sounds disgusting, especially given last Sunday's conditions that are likely to be repeated tomorrow.

Why don't we do something like this, but in reverse such that we can meet Louise and her friend enroute?
Last edited by JTyre on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

7:30, 8:00, or even 6:00 am are fine with me.
Last edited by JTyre on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
schouten

Post by schouten »

Okay, given the weather forecast I'm all for aborting the Skirt climbs. I'll be at Fairbucks at 7:30 and do whatever.
Bandit
wonger

Post by wonger »

How ‘bout this?
https://strava.app.link/y5AbyH6Qa3

The only caveat being that it may all go to sh*t depending on the pooch.
schouten

Post by schouten »

Geoff, that might make a good route for nasty weather too. Whatever we decide we just need a clear meetup time and place for L3. I think JTs proposal meets L3s thetis requirements better though... Just sayin'
Bandit
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

JT, your route is exactly what I had in mind. I hadn't thought about going up and around Elk Lake was going to just take Pipeline into Beaver and across West Saanich but would be open to it.

Geoff, normally I'm all for a peninsula CX ride but that is going to be most of Kip's commute (he's working at the vet clinic on Stelly's) so I'd like to show him a different area.

If you guys leave FBX at 730, you'll be at the Lochside/Blenkinsop intersection (where there is now a nice, warm washroom!) at about 750?? Or a bit later?
schouten

Post by schouten »

JTyre wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:29 pm Friends, tell me, am I sick?
JT, I'll give it you straight. Yes you are. It's a good thing you are riding with L3 tomorrow. She'll straighten you out in a jiffy.

L3, 7:50 is optimistic...
Bandit
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Ron, is 8 more reasonable? Or 815? Just don't want you guys waiting for us.

As for JT's psyche, Sunday is a day of rest, even for psychologists :lol: No idea what emoji I just added since I don't have my reading glasses on but hope it fits!
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Hey L3, I'll be heading from home directly to the Lockside/Blenkinsop Greenway intersection. Let me know the meet-up time and I'll be there. If Geoff's a no-show, we gossip, K?
schouten

Post by schouten »

I'll leave from Fairbucks at 7:30 and snake up through CHGC. I think 8:15 at the Blenkinsop Greenway and Lochside is most likely.
Bandit
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Ok. Blenkinsop and Lochside at 815! Thanks guys!
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

I will see you at Fairbux at 7:30. The boy has ditched me to mountain bike with other kids.
Brian E
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

JTyre wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:36 pm And as for riding at 7:30, 8:00, or even 6:00 am,

Alas, L3 had forgotten the age-old adage “NEVER let your kids read the TS forum over your shoulder.”

farhangj

Post by farhangj »

I'm coming back after a month of heavy drinking and eating, so i'll just meet ya'll at Blenkinsop/Lochside at 815 :D
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

At least they knew enough to say “F word.” They thought it was hilarious. Innocence lost...