Olympic Discovery Trail - September 28-29

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

JTyre

Olympic Discovery Trail - September 28-29

Post by JTyre »

I've had a request to (re)announce this ride outside of the Cyclocross Subforum. Going forward, please post here rather than on the Cyclocross Subforum.

On Saturday September 28 we will take the 10:45 am ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles and then ride 51 kms to Lake Crescent via this route. The next day, we will ride 81 kms to Port Angeles in time for the 5:20 pm ferry to Victoria via this route. These rides are mostly on non-technical single track and feature some of the greatest vistas and swoopy terrains around.

Four groups of riders have already booked cabins, A-frames, or Lodge rooms. If you want to do the same, please book here ASAP. Camping facilities are available. Everyone is welcome, as long as you have a cross/gravel bike, and good senses of humour and adventure.

Bears, cougars, and chihuahua's are in the area but sightings appear to be rare . All the same, I'm bringing bear bells and a crucifix,

LouiseF

Re: Olympic Discovery Trail - September 28-29

Post by LouiseF »

We'll be okay so long as we all load Metallica on our phones

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/b-c- ... -1.4535034
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Dear Johnny: a few questions.

:?: Does the fact this gravel ride is now posted in the roadie sub-forum mean we’re headed up Hurricane instead, festooned with power meters and HR straps?

:?: Does it mean sleeping arrangements will now be about holding one’s line while staring at the bum in front of you for hours?

:?: Does your requestor realize that by inviting us to come out from the murky depths of the CX sub-forum, he, she, or they may have unwittingly imposed our noxious gif-ing habits on some woefully unprepared and delicate sensibilities?

wonger

Post by wonger »

Dudettes and Dudes - hate to say it but we are out. The twelve year old's birthday party had to be rescheduled so it takes priority. If anyone wants to take over the reservation I have for an A frame with two doubles ($193.38 US), please let me know today, if possible.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Rolf, I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Sometimes the orderly, clean, hyper-rigid roady inside all of us need a good shake-out from time to time!
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

wonger wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:49 am Dudettes and Dudes - hate to say it but we are out. The twelve year old's birthday party had to be rescheduled so it takes priority.
I’m sorry to hear that, Geoff. Next time, please buy a keg for your 12-year old and tell her to organize her own goddamn soirée. :D
tenmile

Post by tenmile »

Very interested in joining you for this ride. Its been too long since I've ridden with the Tripleshot crew. Trying to scare myself up someone to share a room and if I can I will likely come along.
Terry P
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

tenmile wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 am Very interested in joining you for this ride. Its been too long since I've ridden with the Tripleshot crew. Trying to scare myself up someone to share a room and if I can I will likely come along.
Hi Terry, we'd love to have you on this ride. Here is the latest information. I have put you down as a "maybe". I believe that rooms at the resort are fully booked but that camp spots are available.