4th annual Tripleshot CrossFondo Volunteers needed!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

joannafox

4th annual Tripleshot CrossFondo Volunteers needed!

Post by joannafox »

Thanks to those members who indicated on their Tripleshot membership that they are available to volunteer for the Tripleshot CrossFondo for 2019! You have been sent an email already.

But hey, those who didn't indicate on their membership, we'll take your efforts too!
We need approx 130 volunteers to ensure that we have all our areas covered, and we need to know where you would like to help out.

The event is Sunday, Oct 20, 2019 at the Vancouver Island Tech Park. If you are planning to ride the event, we do have some jobs that can be done before the day of like trail maintenance, miscellaneous pick ups, and registration.

So please check out this link, register and pick a volunteer task. The earlier you pick a task, the more likely you'll get what you want! Your team lead will be in touch with you by the end of the summer. You can volunteer for UP TO 3 tasks, but you don't need to do more than 1 if that's all the time you have available to you.

Please note that if "Sector Leaders" are typically people who have done this job before as it's quite detailed so if you haven't been a Sector Leader before, pls check in via this email before selecting that task.

Here's the link:

https://raceroster.com/events/2019/2248 ... /volunteer

This is the youth team's biggest fundraiser of the year! If you have a question, please ask via tscrossfondo@gmail.com. Thanks all!
DarBro

Re: 4th annual Tripleshot CrossFondo Volunteers needed!

Post by DarBro »

I chose to volunteer on my membership form but did not receive an email. Can I get info sent to
mrbrown_canada@yahoo.com

Darren
joannafox

Post by joannafox »

Will do Darren.
Also, because our 2nd bartender, Mr. Viking Biking, is doing the full 40KM this year, we are looking for a volunteer with their Serving It Right Certification to accompany returning barkeep Mikael Jansson.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Joanna, I don't have my Serving It Right certificate yet, but I will do it so that I can work with Mikael. :D Please sign me up for that position. I will make sure I have my Serving It Right certificate before that day.
KimW

Post by KimW »

Thanks Anne!

I am especially interested in making contact with any TS members in the police force (and their many, many friends).

The two biggest COSTS to the Crossfondo are:
1. Tent rentals (touch wood we might have slayed this dragon) If you have a big-ass white marque hiding in your garage, I wanna know about it!
2. Road marshaling. While the company we hire is excellent, off-duty police officers willing to donate their time to kids and trails are cheaper.
We definitely could us connections in every municipality we cross:
Westshore RCMP
Saanich Police
Central Saanich.

Please email Kim if you have a name for me to chase. kawalker@shaw.ca

Thanks!