Heather Simonson Busted!

Moderator: mfarnham

JTyre

Heather Simonson Busted!

Post by JTyre »

A friendly constable was kind enough to accept my request to laser Heather speeding along Dallas during yesterday's Master's TT. Congratulations on your win, Heather! Your ticket is in the mail.

Rolf

Re: Heather Simonson Busted!

Post by Rolf »

Hilarious and obnoxious: vintage Johnny Tyre.

Congrats, Heather!! All that hard work shows. You are so very zippy!
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

So far Heather is age group Canadian Masters Champion in the Individual Time Trial (Friday) and the Road Race (Saturday). Is she racing the Legislature Crit tomorrow? If so, I propose a large Tripleshot turnout to cheer her on.

Martin

p.s. Even if she's not, lots of your friends will be racing tomorrow. Hope to see you there!
EricS

Post by EricS »

She is not racing the Crit today.

Interesting side note about the road race: about half way through the 70 km race, Heather's freehub body broke. This made it impossible to coast, but more tragically it introduced a huge amount of friction. I was quite difficult to turn her cranks after the race when she was showing me her bike. This meant that she lost contact with the lead group of younger women and had to ride the last 30 km by herself. The chase group containing two 50s could not close the gap to Heather however and she still won her cat by a couple of minutes (I think). Crazy times!
Eric Simonson
mashby

Post by mashby »

question from the ignorant rabble: How much force does it take to break a freehub?!? :shock: That's some serious wattage!