Sunday, March 24 - Cross Adventure (Limited Time Offer)

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Sunday, March 24 - Cross Adventure (Limited Time Offer)

Post by Rolf »

With earlier dawns inviting an increasing number of non-cyclists onto some of our favourite trails, not to mention the pending salad days of Victoria road riding, the 2018 TS CX season will likely peter out over the coming month. (If last year is any guide, the 2019 season will be up and running by August!)

So join us tomorrow for another cross adventure while you can: 7:30, Fairfield Starbucks. Coffee by 10 to 10:30.

Thinking perhaps explore the mysteries of Craigflower Creek, enjoy the Thetis-CX lap (Barker-Westoby-Scafe Hill Loop-Bellamy-Phelps-Trillium), then out via Highland to Francis King, Hector, North Glendale, South Elk, Quicks Bottom, Colquitz home?
JTyre

Re: Sunday, March 24 - Cross Adventure (Limited Time Offer)

Post by JTyre »

Soory, Rolf.

The choice was to spend the morning getting down and dirty with you, or enjoy a blissful day with Jill in Vancouver.

You lost.

And, what’s this about “peter out”? That’s not my recollection, Bro.
schouten

Post by schouten »

I'm up at Mt. Washington but looking forward to a cross ride next week.

Who's Peter Out? I already don't like that fella.
Last edited by schouten on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandit
Alan

Post by Alan »

Just so you know Rolf, John's in Vancouver not getting a vasectomy. Nope, no vasectomy...

JamesD

Post by JamesD »

Still up island, hope you had fun.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Hope that bag of peas is treating you well, JT. Intentional sterilization is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, some say that in the face of climate change, it's the right thing to do. But you'd know more about that...

As for Peter Out: hey, the cross rides only stop when YOU guys stop riding! There ain't no schedule here.

My comments above were mostly about preparing myself mentally and emotionally to ride away solo on my knobbies from a few upcoming TS meet-ups. It would've happened this morning but for Todd inviting me over to his driveway while he graciously changed bikes. (I then showed him my gratitude by leading him on a 40-minute hike-a-bike :oops: up Craigflower Creek, just east of Thetis—which is as beautiful as it is unrideable.)

Seeya Wednesday (or possibly Tuesday? (or both?)) 8)
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

I aints dun crossin yet boss Rolf. Show me a route we’d morning and I’ll happily follow.
Rob Duncan