Victoria Gran Fondo June 26th

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

dsudbury

Victoria Gran Fondo June 26th

Post by dsudbury »

Hi. My name is David Sudbury.

I am pleased to invitate TripleShot Cycling enthusiasts to attend the Victoria Gran Fondo June 26th 2010. It will measure in somewhere around 270 km. This event will be supported and there will be a fee (probably 75-100 $CDN). Support is planned to also include transportation to one of many planned partner pick up spots for weary legs.

The ride will start in Victoria, head to Renfrew, cross over to Lake Cowichan and then meander back to Victoria using as many "direct" back roads as we can. I road this loop a couple of times last year and remain hugely enthusiastic about the direction taken - to Renfrew first, the meander back and the scope of the ride. Outstanding!

Please sign up at www.victoriagranfondo.com and look for the "event widget". This is a social networking site so take a look around. The event should show on the Main and the Evnet tab.

The event is being put on by the Go To It - The Wheelers' Teenage Competitive Cycling Travel Fund. This year (2009) the Go To It fund provided $1500.00 (500 each) to three young cyclists. We plan to use the money from the Gran Fondo for two things: To provide sustaining support for the Go To It fund and to make subsequent Victoria Gran Fondos truly great.

I feel the need to say that we are all volunteers and there is no agenda here to find employment in this event. The goal of Go To It is to provide financial support to our young competitive cyclists so they can fully explore their desire to develop competitive cycling skills - locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.

Oh! As the site is in its "Draft" stage please e-mail me or call me with any problems, suggestions...

David Sudbury
250-389-6177
dsudbury@shaw.ca
jeremy

Re: Victoria Gran Fondo June 26th

Post by jeremy »

I'm interested in giving this a shot, any other Tripleshotters wanna come with me?
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)