Wanted: mountain bike for 10 year old girl

post all stuff wanted and for sale here

Moderator: mfarnham

rich m.

Wanted: mountain bike for 10 year old girl

Post by rich m. »

My 10 year old daughter is afraid of riding on the roads (close call with a motorist) so I thought I might try mountain biking with her... Kind of a catch 22: She would be more likely to enjoy it on a decent bike, but I am not keen on dropping a $1000 on a new bike if it doesn't take. Anyone have a decent loaner she could try out... and potentially buy if it meets her exacting standards? Cheers,

Rich
Lister Farrar

Re: Wanted: mountain bike for 10 year old girl

Post by Lister Farrar »

No bikes floating around the youth program right now, but several kids, but 2 boys and 2 girls 9-11. We find having peers is what motivates most kids (something we learned from the coffee culture of ts :)).

Re road time: In winter we’re all off road: mtb Sundays, cross adventure (Colquitz, Swan, thetis, Glendale trail-based loops Wednesdays, plus 2 gym days and a spin day.

Spring schedule is Monday track (ride out supervised via e and n), tuesday tt and ttt practice on the waterfront, Wednesday goose or lochside to Vcl, Thursday track via e and n, Friday tba (probably hill day or gym day), Saturday mtb, Sunday road ride or race. So out of traffic mostly. Kids welcome to try before committing.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
rich m.

Post by rich m. »

Thanks Lister! Something to work towards...
sailor

Post by sailor »

Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but I have a kids MEC mountain bike not being used right now.
Tim