New Kit Order: Fall 2018

all you ever wanted to know about ordering 3Shot Garb

Moderator: mfarnham

Fozzy

New Kit Order: Fall 2018

Post by Fozzy »

The store is open.

Note that pricing in the store is not the price we'll pay. We have a 25% discount over the pricing in the store. In order to get that discount (plus free shipping) you need to enter the
following Coupon Code: TRIPLESHOT-25

Don't forget to do this or you'll pay more than necessary.

Here's the link:
http://shop.jakroo.ca/Tripleshot-Cycling-Club-2018

Note that youth kit is in a *separate* online store. Youth need to buy the jersey with the youth sponsor logos on it, not the jersey from the adult store. They are free to shop for other items (accessories, etc.) in the adult store. I'm not posting the youth store link here, in order to prevent confusion. I will send that link to Lister to distribute to the youth members.

Best to focus on Fall/Winter gear on this purchase and save your Spring purchases for the Spring order, as we may be able to get better volume discounts that way.

Shop away, Tripleshotters. The store will close on October 7, so don't delay.

Cheers!
Neil
John D

Re: New Kit Order: Fall 2018

Post by John D »

Hi Neil;

Having just taken a quick look, I saw a wind jacket and a rain jacket on offer - neither of which mentions the words "cold" or "fleece" in their respective item descriptions. Perhaps I just missed it, but does Jackroo offer an option for a cold-weather fleece-lined winter jacket?

Thanks,
J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Ddallin

Post by Ddallin »

Thanks Neil!

Just to confirm the kit try-on is Thursday @ Maria Montessori will have all sizes?

Also, you say the order will close on the 29th of March? Confused...
David Dallin
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Closing date corrected. It's Oct 7. And yes, they should have all sizes on Thursday at the kit try-on.

Martin
CarolynB

Post by CarolynB »

Also to confirm, is each individual order charged a $13.75 delivery fee? I contacted Jakroo and was advised for this ordering period that orders would be shipped individually so standard shipping fees for each individual order would be charged.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Thanks for pointing that out. We've fixed it. Will be a bulk order, which means the club pays your shipping.

Martin
Ann

Post by Ann »

Make sure you enter your coupon code on the final "Review and Submit" order page, after entering your payment information. There's a spot to enter it when you are viewing your cart. I did that and saw that it was applied, so I assumed that would be carried through to the final page. That is *not* what happens. It gets cleared out by the time you get there. Luckily I noticed and entered it again there.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Kit try-on opens in 20 minutes at Maria Montessori school at 1481 Fairburn drive, just north west of UVivc. Parking Available in the school parking lot.

Until 6:00.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

A couple things I learned at the kit try-on yesterday that might be useful to others:

The LS jersey only comes in a "fleecy" version. If you want a non-fleecy LS jersey, then use your short sleeve jersey with arm warmers.

The Barrier jacket is apparently quite breathable and good at resisting the wet on a misty day, but it is not waterproof. There is not a fleecy jacket offered by Jakroo.

The Solar Bib (which is really summer kit and probably best purchased in the Spring order) has a cut-out on the leg cuff that allows a tailor to easily adjust the leg diameter, if you find your thighs aren't bulging enough to fill them out. You're welcome, Calgary Steve.

The pricing structure may change a bit in the Spring relative to this Fall. For this Fall, we've taken smaller volume discounts on the jerseys in exchange for higher discounts on low-volume items (mostly accessories). In the Spring I anticipate that we'll request a higher volume discount on the short sleeve jersies, but that will require us to accept smaller discounts on the low-volume items. What does this mean for you? Fall's a good time to buy winter stuff and accessories, and Spring will probably be a better time (price-wise) to buy summer jerseys and summer bibs.

Best,
Martin
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

John D wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 pm Hi Neil;

Having just taken a quick look, I saw a wind jacket and a rain jacket on offer - neither of which mentions the words "cold" or "fleece" in their respective item descriptions. Perhaps I just missed it, but does Jackroo offer an option for a cold-weather fleece-lined winter jacket?

Thanks,
J.
Perhaps like you, John, I'm looking for the equivalent of Champ-Sys's very effective fleece/neoprene Wintershield fabric that's kept me happy in the cold rain for years. I don't care about being perfectly dry—just warm. And neoprene's excellent at that.

At yesterday's fitting event, I only had 3 minutes and 30 seconds to scope out and try on a few jackets. I found the Barrier jacket to probably be the best option for cold and wet. The Vuelta Pro jersey feels warm and comfy, but not very wind-proof. I didn't manage to try on the Jupiter rain-jersey—if they had any there.

I also asked the very kind and knowledgeable Jakroo rep (Johnny?) what his advice was for "2 degrees and a downpour". He jokingly said "Stay home?" (clearly hasn't been on one of our rides in December!) before suggesting a proper rain shell is likely necessary, in addition to one of their warmer jersey/jackets (Barrier, Vuelta Pro, etc.)

Lister previously posted on coordinating a separate order for rain shells, since this Jakroo order doesn't offer any. I'm not a fan of shells as they tend to start raining on the inside, but it's probably good to have one you can take in a pocket for when your buddy has five flats and y'all have to walk out of the forest.

p.s. Can I just throw out my thanks again to Marcus and the kit design committee? When I wasn't shaking my fist at Hasagawa during a rare road ride this morning, I was appreciating how sharp it looks in a group... 8)
John D

Post by John D »

Due to popular demand (or persistent whining on my part - take your pick), Jackroo have added a "real" winter jacket option to the kit order: http://shop.jakroo.ca/Storefront-Canada ... DEWINDER-1. Note that the $206 price doesn't include the 25% club discount.

J
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

This is the product I was really hoping for! Something you can wear in the pouring, freezing rain, with just a simple base layer or two.

I'll never consider sweating alone in my basement and watching abusive videos as an adequate substitute for riding outdoors. So it's good to feel prepared for winter!

I had already ordered a Barrier wind jersey. But within five minutes of opening the online chat window in the bottom right hand corner of our Team Store page, a friendly Jakroo-er had reissued my sales order by email, substituting the Sidewinder winter jacket and giving me the 25% discount (making it only $154.50+tax, a mere $20 more than the Barrier windbreaker). Gold star to Jakroo for excellent service!
EricS

Post by EricS »

Caution folks... waterproof and breathable is the holy grail, and usually comes at at high cost.

On the general Jakroo site, the jacket is described as "Water resistant". Also the side panels sound like they may let in leaks (not made of the same stuff).

Read this: https://www.jakroo.com/ca/sidewinder.html

Maybe we need to talk to our rep and get the descriptions right. On our club store, it does say it's a new version of the fabric, so maybe it is waterproof.

Looks like we are getting a great price anyhow.

Eric
Eric Simonson
Lund

Post by Lund »

mfarnham wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:25 am...if you find your thighs aren't bulging enough to fill them out. You're welcome, Calgary Steve.
Oh, Martin. This is a delightful example of how some people (usually those who populate the left side of the IQ bell curve) try to be funny by saying the opposite of what we all know to be true.

This problem is perpetuated because everyone else on the left side of the IQ bell curve tends to laugh at stupid jokes. Even if they don't really get them. Which is shockingly often.

I'm just glad you stayed away from the, erm, low-hanging fruit.

With warm personal regards,
Calgary Steve
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Whether your thighs are bulging or not, the order closes tomorrow. Last chance.

Martin
Claire

Post by Claire »

Seems this fancy new winter jacket is only available in male sizing. Humph.
joannafox

Post by joannafox »

Missed the kit try on and want to order a vest but I've heard the fit is challenging. I have a women's small standard jersey, so was thinking of ordering small slim fit for vest. Appreciate feedback for similar sized women! ASAP as order needs to go in today....thank!
mandreassen

Post by mandreassen »

So this is my question...I placed an order for 4 items, it was processed etc. I received the email from Jakroo yesterday with the shipping information and expected delivery date (to my home) I thought it was a group order and a bulk delivery. I suppose I may be confused...To make things more interesting, I dug a little deeper into the shipping info and the order is 4 items with 4 tracking numbers totaling 97lbs! Anyone care to take a shot at what's going on there?

Mark
Mikael

Still too warm for Winter Jacket?

Post by Mikael »

John D wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm Due to popular demand (or persistent whining on my part - take your pick), Jackroo have added a "real" winter jacket option to the kit order: http://shop.jakroo.ca/Storefront-Canada ... DEWINDER-1. Note that the $206 price doesn't include the 25% club discount.

J
All that whining and I have yet to see the winter jacket. Has anybody else seen John's jacket?

Contingent on a hefty deposit, John has kindly agreed to remove his jacket from it's velvet box and lend it to me so that I can model it before the ride tomorrow, Friday December 6, 2018. What could go wrong?

Mikael
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Mikael gets his Gif on—I love it!

I bought one of those nifty Sidewinder winter jackets, Mikael. It's pretty swish and lovely in cold temperatures. I can get by down to about 5 degrees with only two thin layers underneath. It's flexible, breathes very well and is super comfy and mostly wind-proof in the dry.

But sadly as soon as it's rain-soaked, the Jakroo winter jacket starts to show its California provenance. Their THERMOX winter fabric doesn't boast the same windproofing when wet as the old Champ-Sys neoprene/fleece Wintershield. So on those truly rotten 3-degrees-and-sideways-rain days, I'll be keeping the baby blues going for a few years more...