Transrockies 2019

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Bosie

Transrockies 2019

Post by Bosie »

Hi,

A mate of mine convinced me to sign up for the Transrockies next year. Apparently its like the BC bike race, but less technical.

Either way, it seems to be a week of camping in the wilderness, riding bikes and drinking beer. https://www.transrockiesclassic.com/

Strikes me that others might enjoy the challenge- misery is always better with friends. So if you havent thought about it yet, give it some thought. Would be cool if we could get a few more teams at the start (and the finish) If you are looking for partners or want to find similarly minded folks, post here.

I have a year to learn to ride a MTB- what could possibly go wrong- see you on the trails:)

Regards,

Craig
Craig B.
Rolf

Re: Transrockies 2019

Post by Rolf »

Some buddies of mine did this in 2010. One with a bad heart. Their well-written blog is a real gem: hilarious, entertaining, and poignant. It's in reverse chronological order, with the most eventful stage's post at the very top (it took the longest to finish writing.) So if you're keen to read up on their training and the race itself, I'd scroll down a bit to start.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Awesome Bosie!!! My bucket list MTB bike stage race is Trans-Alps...but it might remain on the bucket list a long time. I wish we could join you for this one!

I used to live and ride out that way and have several friends who have done Transrockies and I don't think any of them would describe it as low on technical. There likely won't be any north shore style riding but it'll be technical enough to keep you busy! It'll be an epic adventure and training here will hone your techie skills!
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Following.

I just learned about both and love the notion.

...now to talk my wife and kids into it!
Rob Duncan
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Awesome Blog Rolf. Thanks for posting..
more motivation:)
Craig B.