June 1 - Dallas Road Time Trial - Results and Photos

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

June 1 - Dallas Road Time Trial - Results and Photos

Post by Rolf »

Amazing performances last night on a gruelling course featuring King George Terrace four times.

Results here and here (thanks, C.)

Congratulations to Heather Simonson for grabbing another national champs jersey :o :

And everyone else who was killing it out there:

More wretchedly over-filtered iPhone pics are available at this event gallery for the TT on the Tripleshot Cycling Photos site (password remains our preferred morning beverage.)

Gorgeous, official race photos are here.

You should also be able to upload your own photos of the event to the gallery by using the button at the top of the gallery page, or by using this link. (I'll properly introduce and launch the photos site soon.)

Wayne, Jessica, and I were the KGT Posse, keeping everyone safe on the two, north-side, blind corners. It was a great vantage spot for seeing riders both slam down the hill and dig in for the climb. My ears are still bleeding from tweetling that darned whistle in my own ears for three hours. But apart from one scary speed wobble, a few deer popping up near the KGT summit, and some hilarious locals having a little party on the sidewalk, things went as expected. Thanks much to Craig and Paula for keeping me company and plying me with delicious beverages.
Last edited by Rolf on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
LouiseF

Re: June 1 - Dallas Road Time Trial - Results and Photos

Post by LouiseF »

Rolf,

I posted some (not that great) photos that I took during the road race and then realized that I posted them on a page that is for the TT. Sorry about that!

L3
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks, Louise. Don't be sorry! I shall move things about (and maybe do a little cropping); all part of the fun for me.

If anyone else wants to share, the gallery for yesterday's road race is here. And the gallery for today's crits is here.

Each gallery has an upload link. Cycling is such a beautiful sport to photograph, and I'm confident some of you have little slices of beauty on your phones right now.

These are early days, but my hope is to get everyone used to pooling pics after each event.
Last edited by Rolf on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for the photos and chapeau to Tripleshot for the amazing job of volunteering.