May 20 - VCL Windsor Park #1

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

May 20 - VCL Windsor Park #1

Post by Rolf »

I haven't gone to watch this race in a while (never mind race it.) It's very exciting! I was humbled to see both Craig B. and Garth C. racing, after clambering up the Malahat via goat trails with them yesterday and then enjoying their draft while they did the lion's share of pulling the rest of our 120K Great Trail Adventure. Craig even appeared to be in the break with Martin for most of the B race. :shock: Some people and their ridiculous physical abilities, eh? :roll:

Anyway, here are some (stupidly overfiltered) race shots:

EricS

Re: May 20 - VCL Windsor Park #1

Post by EricS »

Cool pix! Yes! Well done all you speedy TSers! So impressed. I was inspired too. It seems in this club, the older you are, the faster you get. Nice!
Eric Simonson
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Thanks for posting Rolf. Actually the fourth picture is of the cornering clinic, near the end when we were doing two abreast corners. Note the complete lack of panic on the face first year TS rider Todd. :) He went on the enjoy the b race and finish in the bunch.
L
Rolf wrote:I haven't gone to watch this race in a while (never mind race it.) It's very exciting! I was humbled to see both Craig B. and Garth C. racing, after clambering up the Malahat via goat trails with them yesterday and then enjoying their draft while they did the lion's share of pulling the rest of our 120K Great Trail Adventure. Craig even appeared to be in the break with Martin for most of the B race. :shock: Some people and their ridiculous physical abilities, eh? :roll:

Anyway, here are some (stupidly overfiltered) race shots:

Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

All photos taken during the B race, Lister—soon after Eva and I met you in the circular garden. The fourth pic is time-stamped 10:10. You can see Roland just behind these guys—he had been part of the break and it was lapping the main field here.

I have a feeling your fine students were just putting on a clinic of their own during the race! 8)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Never mind. I though that was me near the back, but on a larger screen I see it’s not. Still, Todd looks pretty comfy.
Rolf wrote:All photos taken during the B race, Lister—soon after Eva and I met you in the circular garden. The fourth pic is time-stamped 10:10. You can see Roland just behind these guys—he had been part of the break and it was lapping the main field here.

I have a feeling your fine students were just putting on a clinic of their own during the race! 8)
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Lister, the cornering clinic before the Windsor race was super helpful.

It gave me the confidence to ride near the front, which put me in a position to have some fun. It also helped me conserve matches which I desperately needed at various points, in order to stay with the break when it surged.

It was also fun to hear your slightly incredulous cheers each time I came past you and you realized I was still hanging in there. :wink:

Martin