Member Photos and Profile Directory

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Member Photos and Profile Directory

Post by Rolf »

January 2022 update

Over the past few weeks, I've been populating a new 2022 Member Profile Directory by transferring each of your existing profiles over from last year's directory as you renew your 2022 membership.

Please take a moment to review your photo and bio and ensure they still identify you. Claire M. is helping update things a little, but some of the profiles are looking a little stale. :P

Please submit new bios, replacement photos, or requests for any changes at all to tripleshot.cycling.photos@gmail.com.

Info on how to purchase your 2022 membership is here. Nudge, nudge. :D

The viewing password for the entire photos site can be found in the same post on this topic on Spond—or can be learned by asking other members at coffee. After enjoying the profile directory, be sure to hit the links at the top of the page and explore the rest of the Tripleshot Cycling Photos site.

Thanks all!
Last edited by Rolf on Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
John D

Re: Member Photos and Profile Directory

Post by John D »

Having told you that I thought that this was a dumb idea, I now have to admit I was totally wrong. Bravo Rolf!

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Rolf this is so cool! Thank you very much sir!!

I particularly love the 2009 photo of the cops for cancer group! Just Beautiful!!

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
Roland

Post by Roland »

Hmmm..... the picture of Michael Lawless, he has his face covered, wearing sun glasses and a helmet...
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Read the caption. Sometimes being an identical twin has its advantages...
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Nice work Rolf! I've learned some new names!

Martin
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks to everyone who has posted using the gallery link above, or sent photos and bios to tripleshot.cycling.photos@gmail.com.

Keep 'em coming!
Ann

Post by Ann »

Rolf, this is really great! I'd like to request that people include their Forum username in their bio because there are still a bunch that I don't know, and I've heard the same complaint from many other people. :)

We can keep it simple by appending something like this to the bio:

Forum: Ann

Thoughts?
L2R

Post by L2R »

I think that is a brilliant idea, Ann.
Shelagh
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Great idea, Ann. I'll figure out a solution for those already posted. I may have to ask for a few of our quieter members' handles on here (the forum shows 668 registered users. :shock: )

We're up to 76 member mugshots! Let's keep going. If you haven't sent in your photo and bio: tripleshot.cycling.photos@gmail.com.

The upload link has worked for a small number of folks. But people tend to struggle with the automatic caption thingy and end up emailing me anyway. It's probably more efficient to just use the email in the first place.

I should add that I really don't mind fiddling with your stuff as much as is needed. Don't be shy to send me three or four photos before settling on the one you like; or sending me changes to your bio, and then sending me more changes etc. etc.

Final note: many of you seem to like the semi-anonymity of sunglasses. While I've erred on the side of getting more photos up and not been all persnickety about it, shades can interfere with the recognition factor (recognition being the whole point of this exercise. 8) )
Lund

Post by Lund »

Just a thought: should we limit the "member" photo/profile directory to faces who've actually ponied up and paid their 2018 membership dues?

At a quick glance through the current collection of pix, I counted several who hadn't yet paid their dues as of April 8.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

When I first set this up, I was cross-referencing with the current membership list and including little bits of passive-aggressive snark in the non-member bios. :twisted: But on reflection, using this tool to name and shame didn't seem very "Tripleshot".

Still, y'know: feel free to out whomever you like. It is nearly May!

Here's the current membership list for easy reference—there are indeed several shocking omissions.
John D

Post by John D »

Lund wrote:Just a thought: should we limit the "member" photo/profile directory to faces who've actually ponied up and paid their 2018 membership dues?

At a quick glance through the current collection of pix, I counted several who hadn't yet paid their dues as of April 8.
Agreed. No need to name and shame, just email Rolf the names of the (cough) offenders, and have their photos removed.

Rolf - as to it not being a "very Tripleshot" thing to do, I would respectfully counter that riding with the club without having paid one's membership due is the truly "non-Tripleshot" part of the exercise.
John D

Post by John D »

Rolf wrote:I should add that I really don't mind fiddling with your stuff as much as is needed.
Let the inappropriate gifs from the cyclocross trolls begin. Or not. :wink:
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Not to be argumentative, but perhaps a better strategy is to "welcome them into the fold" by putting them on Rolf's photo page and then point out that they're so included in the Tripleshot family that they really ought to become a member. In fact, the more people know the names of the scofflaws the harder for them to hide.

And there is a benefit to knowing the name of the rider next to you--regardless of their membership status.

The only problem is that most don't show up for coffee (or even the parking lot at the start). I dare Rolf to wait at the post-ride gather spot at BHP with a camera on Friday and catch photos of the A riders as they roll in from the Sprint. Then set Lund on them.

Martin
Alan

Post by Alan »

Let the inappropriate gifs from the cyclocross trolls begin.
There is an easy way to fix this. Once we identify the non-dues-paying wankers in our midst, our president parades them in front of the whole assembled team. I can help by ringing my bell...

Claire

Post by Claire »

Hey, what happened to all the photos and bios? I just went to the SmugMug page and they weren't there...
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Hmm... everything’s still visible to me using mobile versions of both Chrome and Safari in iOS 11.3.1, as both owner (admin) and as a guest using the viewing password. Everything also still looks hunkydory with gallery permissions when logged in using the Smugmug app.

Let me know if your issues persist over multiple platforms or after the usual fixes (power cycling, clearing your cache etc.) Thanks, Claire.

We’re nearing a hundred members and apparently a lot of folks are using the directory nearly every day to learn new names. Let’s keep the momentum going. Feel free at coffee to capture your buddies who are not yet included and send their mugs in. 8)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

We hit a milestone today: our 100th member profile! Congratulations, Steve:

Thanks to everyone who's been playing along with this project. I'm especially grateful to the many of you I haven't met before—for resisting the urge to metaphorically burn me with fire when I come over and say, "Hi, I'm Rolf. Nice to meetcha. Can I take your picture and put it on the Innernet?"

It's been fun to get to know so many cool new members (new to me only, in some cases.) This Club's got a great future.

Reminder: I remain very happy to take your emailed changes/additions to bios, photos etc. Don't hesitate: tripleshot.cycling.photos@gmail.com.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

January 2021 update

Over the past few weeks, I've been populating a new 2021 Member Profile Directory by transferring each of your existing profiles over from last year's directory as you renew your 2021 membership.

Please take a moment to review your photo and bio and ensure they still identify you. Some of the profiles are looking a little stale. :P

Please submit new bios, replacement photos, or requests for any changes at all to tripleshot.cycling.photos@gmail.com.

Adult members who have not previously had a profile in the Directory receive an email from the Club when they sign up for 2021, with instructions on how to share their name, face, and details. If you did not receive this email on renewal, please let us know: tripleshot.cycling.photos@gmail.com.

Info on how to purchase your 2021 membership is here. Nudge, nudge. :D

The viewing password for the entire photos site can be found in the latest Rivet newsletter—or can be learned by asking other members at coffee. After enjoying the profile directory, be sure to hit the links at the top of the page and explore the rest of the Tripleshot Cycling Photos site.

Thanks all!
Last edited by Rolf on Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.