Member Photos and Profile Directory

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Re: Member Photos and Profile Directory

Post by Rolf »

After a long nap, new Tripleshot membership registrations have started to trickle in again (14 in the last week or so):

As we resume riding together and new members come on board, now is a good time to either submit a profile for the Member Directory, or to visit your existing profile and send me any updates. See details above.

Knowing each other's faces and names enhances everyone's group ride experience — but it's extra important now that we have ride hosts recording attendance. Thanks for playing along!
Rolf

Re: Member Photos and Profile Directory

Post by Rolf »

Just a note that the Board decided earlier this summer to discontinue keeping the Member Profile Directory up to date. This practice involved various steps every time a member registered with the club. First, I'd have to check if they had a Directory profile in previous years, then manually move photo and bio/caption to the current directory. If they were a new member, we'd exchange a few emails getting their profile uploaded and correct.

Doing this 300-400 times a year, in addition to all the other intake steps required for member registrations with Spond etc., became an undue volunteer burden. I'm nonetheless grateful for Claire's help this past year in updating member bios.

Mitigating this loss are the images members can include on their Spond profile. And in the ongoing search for better platforms on which to organize our club and its activities, I'm hopeful we'll find a solution which does a much better job at facilitating members' creation of their own online identity within the club. 8)

The TS Photos Site still remains our primary media archive and we continue to encourage members to share their photos and videos of club events to the site. Thanks!