Victoria Slow roll- April 9th

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Bosie

Victoria Slow roll- April 9th

Post by Bosie »

Be there at the start of history!
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I would like to see if the idea of a monthly "slow" ride modeled on the Detroit Slow Roll can gain traction in Victoria.
You have to start somewhere and so I am going to lead an experimental ride this month to:
1) introduce the idea to some people
2) get feedback on how a ride might work
3) Perhaps engage a few people in helping to make the ride a "thing".

The first ride will start at Beacon Hill petting Zoo parking lot at 17h30 on April 9th:

The ride will be SLOW- Super slow- bring a cruiser, commuter of single speed. Think 10km/hr.
It will last about 2 hours. The idea will be to head out along the En N and come back along the goose (maybe cutting it shorter depending on folks who arrive and feedback on the ride)
It is aimed at anyone and everyone who can ride a bike- from 7 years old to 90 years old.
It is meant to social, conversational and an opportunity to meet folks in your community
(As this is the first ride, it is not yet insured. If it flies, I will work on finding insurance for future rides.)
So please join me, Invite your friends and family and invite them to invite their friends.
Hopefully we will see a few people out and hopefully the weather will play ball (Ill be there even if it rains and will lead whoever turns up)
Craig B.
Robgrant

Re: Victoria Slow roll- April 9th

Post by Robgrant »

Great idea Craig. Is there a FB event/ website/ social media we can pass along?
Rob
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Thanks Rob,

Thats a great idea.

For the first ride its still very much in the experimental stage and so Im quite keen to keep it amongst club members and their families, Friends, Friends of Friends etc. Hopefully keep it manageable with the ability to modify it on the fly etc. Get feedback etc.

If it seems like its viable, Ill start the process of getting insurance,sponsorship to cover insurance, publicity, marshalls/ ambassadors etc. With the aim to have a launch in Mid Summer.

Ive spoken informally to a number of members of the Victoria biking community and so far feedback seems positive, so Im hoping it will fly.

Thanks again,

Craig
Craig B.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Just a reminder that this is happening today. Not an official Tripleshot event, but swing by if you get a chance. 5:30pm, petting zoo.

Martin