Sunday, March 4

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Sunday, March 4

Post by Rolf »

Obeying the imperative of tomorrow’s date, let us march forth into the great unknown. CX Sunday, anyone? Route ideas?
JTyre

Re: Sunday, March 4

Post by JTyre »

Should to be doing Sunday mass but this sounds like more fun. Route, negotiable.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Post your route plan here svp. I am riding tmrw but undecided on road or CX and am definitely not getting up early enough to ride to FF SBX. Jeesh you are all so FF-centric!

(I'd post the winkie but he seems to be gone????)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Well, since we’re so wiffly-waffly, let’s first head up the Shelbourne corridor and pick up L3. I’ve been wanting to check out the bit of Bowker Creek that pops up at Browning Park by McRae. We should be at Glendenning and Mt. Doug X Rd. around 8:10. (If you end up choosing road, Louise, pls. post here so we can deliver the requisite abuse. :wink: )

After that, I’d be into the usual Lochside, Royal Oak, and then west side of Elk (especially nice if sunny) and return via Interurban/Colquitz But I haven’t ridden much recently, so to me it’s all gravy with cherries on top.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Rolf, appreciate your consideration of my inconvenient location and tolerance of my wafflieness (and you found the winkie!)

I am going to ride road tomorrow since it looks like I need to get it done efficiently and get back home toute de suite. Plenty of early bail out options on the road too and maximum calorie expenditure for time out, especially when out of shape.

Will be on dirt with you guys in spirit....hockey season is coming to a close, but sadly too will the Sunday CX rides I'm sure.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks, L. Looks a bit dodgy out there; safe road-ing.

(And for somebody-who’s-probably-not-Pete’s sake, let’s not go gentle into that good night, eh? :P )
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Winki safe and sound followed by a steady tempo forest ballet with Rolf, Louise (after all), Nick, and special guest appearance by Claire. It doesn’t get much better than that. Thanks All.

Next Sunday, with the time change, we’re back to this,

Greg F

Post by Greg F »

As long as the rides don’t end up like the below, should be fun! I prefer the dark rides... for reasons that should remain confidential to protect the innocent.

Alan

Post by Alan »

Sorry guys, I was away for the weekend, but recently when I was on a ride I felt like I was being stalked by certain creatures. I don't get it. Do they have something out for me?
Attachments
image001.jpg
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

And here I thought this may end up the first Cyclocross ride thread sans GIFs. Yeah right. :roll:

Yesterday was a hoot. As Louise said (paraphrased), "I like when I almost miss something, decide last minute to join, and then it turns out so great!"

The sun was shining as we turned south, the trails were (mostly) clear, no flats, the hills felt like a welcome challenge, and the little muddy stretches were just thick enough to be fun without having to foot down. In general, the pace was rocking (21 kph avg v. our usual 17-ish)—L3 got lots of Strava cups and I got a really solid workout.

We missed our retired seaman, but it was great to introduce an active-duty sailor (Nick) to lots of new terrain. Here's to more Spring crossing! (Thinking maybe another extended Farmcross on Wednesday...?)