Safety Tips

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

norman marcy

Safety Tips

Post by norman marcy »

http://cyclingsavvy.org/what-cyclists-n ... ut-trucks/

Trucks! Positioning yourself in the lane! Riding with purpose and conspicuously !

Check out the Cycling Savvysite for some learnings or a refresher.

safe riding folks

Norman
Claire

Re: Safety Tips

Post by Claire »

All good stuff, Norm, and a useful refresher.

But I was all ready to rip into a rant about pickup trucks and the a-holes who pilot them. All one has to do to incite the rage of a short-fused pickup truck driver is to ride a bike and expect to be able to travel on the streets alongside motorists and other higher beings. Whether or not we have rights, or options, or are even fellow humans all mean nothing to those who take it upon themselves to teach us "lessons" (i.e. that riding bikes is not to be tolerated, period) by blaring their horns and wagging middle fingers as they pass (too close).

And it really is inordinately pickup drivers... isn't it? Are there more of these angry, intolerant beasts than ever nowadays?

Oops, I wasn't going to rant. Well, at least I kept it short.
Robgrant

Re: Safety Tips

Post by Robgrant »

Claire, maybe it isn't so much truck drivers per se, but more drivers are driving trucks. 4 of the top 5 vehicles sold in Canada are trucks (the Civic is number 3) with the Ford F series recording almost 3 x as many sales as the Civic. These top trucks represent almost 20% of the overall market for vehicles in Canada.
Rob