a propos the 'ecosystem'

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Alan

a propos the 'ecosystem'

Post by Alan »

Today on our ride we discussed how we are contributing to the 'ecosystem'. Some are worth preserving; others, in the words of John: "F**k THAT ecosystem!"

Which makes me think about the tanker where the front fell off.
Found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM
JTyre

Re: a propos the 'ecosystem'

Post by JTyre »

Alan, I love all ecosystems. In the above remark, I was simply encouraging more ecosystem, as with what we saw here:

JohnT

Post by JohnT »

My daughter remarked to me the other day that LOL doesn't really mean laughing out loud. That is, LOL is short for laughing out loud, but that people aren't actually doing it. Who knew?

Anyway, I was, after watching that video...(front fell off). Faculty within earshot probably think that Taylor has finally lost it .. LOL

JT
Alan

Post by Alan »

Just so you all know, our ride this morning took us up Mount Tolmie as well.
Not sure if our 'leader' Rolf had any innate sense of danger, but maybe he was just responding to the general need to keep us all safe.
check this out: https://www.vicnews.com/opinion/how-hig ... um=twitter

Bunch of scaredy-cats huddled on the top of Tolmie, with the indifference of Noah high and dry in his Ark.
All I can say is: Sheesh!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Quake safety never entered my head, Alan. Just an insatiable need to find new little paths and catwalks to explore. I think we hit at least five new ones (to me) before we were done this morning—something that’s getting harder to do on these shorter weekday rides!

Before anyone asks, we stayed off the No Cycling trails on Tolmie and instead did a lap of the lower reservoir. Which led to an interesting time flagging a misogynist Strava segment. Which leads back to that rather brutish Lordbug up there. (Speaking of a propos: these gifs keep giving.)