Kit Design Ideas - WE NEED YOU!!!!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Fozzy

Kit Design Ideas - WE NEED YOU!!!!

Post by Fozzy »

Hi All

I have been working on some designs for the new kit and would also like some creative input from the rest of the membership.

Please bear in mind that there are 3 important criteria to consider:
1. It has to have some continuity from the current kit;
2. It has to have bold colours so we will be noticed by other road users;
3. The front has to be darker for ease of cleaning.

So get your crayons out and submit your designs or ideas on here by the end of Nov, and all will be considered.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers
Roland

Re: Kit Design Ideas - WE NEED YOU!!!!

Post by Roland »

I have so many good ideas:

compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Sweet!!!
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

I vote for the third design - love the tats :D
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

I've already ordered mine
Attachments
IMG_20171101_220952.jpg
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

To no one's surprise I am sure, my submission to the new kit design is the old kit design, the baby blue and pink and yellow and white.

Just look at these handsome gentlemen!

download/file.php?id=1823&t=1

The kit looks marvelous no matter your gender!

It is amazingly visible. It is very distinct. And I really like looking like an Easter egg on a bicycle! And it is easy to clean! Meets all three of Neil's criteria.

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

As they're more relevant here, I'm reposting I a few choice forum threads from before and after the introduction of our last kit redesign in 2012:

The initial invitation for comment and preferences (including Seussian doggerel.)
The big reveal of the new kit—and its fallout.

I've thought long and hard about it (c. 22 seconds), and I can't really figure out the rationale behind your third criteria, Neil:
By "darker", do you mean "darker than the back"? But doesn't the back of your kit get more dirt and crap than your front? No, wait, that's when one rides CX/MTB and not when one is sucking dirt-spumes off a road wheel inches in front... :o

Or did you mean "darker in general" because dark coloured fabrics show dirt less, can remain undetectably stained after washing, and ergo are easy-cleaning?
Lund

Post by Lund »

With the recent supply issues around quality lycra, perhaps it's time to consider a (conceptually appropriate) switch to burlap. Durable, breathable, comparatively inexpensive and sexy as f***.
burlap kit.jpg
Ann

Post by Ann »

Rolf wrote:
I've thought long and hard about it (c. 22 seconds), and I can't really figure out the rationale behind your third criteria, Neil:
By "darker", do you mean "darker than the back"? But doesn't the back of your kit get more dirt and crap than your front? No, wait, that's when one rides CX/MTB and not when one is sucking dirt-spumes off a road wheel inches in front... :o

Or did you mean "darker in general" because dark coloured fabrics show dirt less, can remain undetectably stained after washing, and ergo are easy-cleaning?
Rolf, the front of your kit also gets really dirty when one is in a CX race. See attached evidence from Sunday.
Attachments
Before washing. Mostly better after washing, but not perfect.
Before washing. Mostly better after washing, but not perfect.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Hi Fozzy. Thanks for initiating this topic and for opening this can of worms to our membership. I know there are some creative and design-savvy folks out there who I hope are scheming up some delightfully coffee-themed ideas that everyone is sure to agree on (!).

I mainly wanted to bump this topic back into the club consciousness in the hopes that it will remind people that Fozzy has set a deadline of end of November (that's only two weeks away!) for actual, serious kit design ideas that lots of people would like to wear. (The burlap and fake nudity are, er... funny, but I'm pretty sure we can try harder.)

I count myself among those who would love to come up with a good good idea or two to throw in the mix... I just need to allot a bit of time and creative energy in the next two weeks to do so.

And I'm determined not to be dissuaded by the spirited debates of the past - which Rolf has linked to above - intimidating as they are. I mean, those people have aged and mellowed in the intervening five years so I'm sure far less mud will be slung this time around.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Clarie wrote:I'm determined not to be dissuaded by the spirited debates of the past ... I'm sure far less mud will be slung this time around.
That is uncharacteristically conciliatory and optimistic of you, Clarie.

Personally, I'll wear anything that says Tripleshot on it. We're not the BC Club of the Year for nothin'!

And it's not the sausage casing that matters; it's the ground-up, delicately-herbed, delicious, greasy filling that counts. :P
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Just need to add the three coffee cups.......and make the lettering for Tripleshot Cycling a little bolder......
Attachments
full jersey 1.PNG
jersey 2.PNG
shorts 3.PNG
Last edited by leftcoaster on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Okay, maybe not anything... :lol:
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

I like Kevin L.'s suggestion. The colours could be selected so that Barton's favourite kit could go with it - i.e., one could wear the new jersey with baby blue shorts/bib-shorts. Not necessary, but an idea. Also, we could ask for sprinter, climber, and GC versions. For example, the person in the club that does best in the VCL hill climbs in 2018 wins one with red squares, the person in the club that wins the most Windsor Park and Speedway sprints wins one with green squares. Highest points in VCL at the end of the year wins a yellow square version.

Here's one from the web that similar. Just shows that square size can make a big difference.

http://img.mensjournal.com/social/mj-61 ... to-buy.jpg

JT
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Can we voice opinions on the choices so far???? Is that kind of input desired?
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Is there a program to design these?

I have an idea but am currently limited to Crayola Easy-Clean markers and construction paper.
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Voice opinions, Louise, and offer suggestions. It’s a give-and-take board...,

David
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

I seldom agree with Westcoaster Dave, but in a healthy way. So mark this down.

I have to say that I like the kit idea presented above the checker board swirl is real the argil that we have with a spin and the added colour of the red stripe is going to get picked up as a visual by car drivers I would make it a bit brighter and on both legs

dark enough for thos that ride in the dirt and baby blu enough to be visible like the blue beret baby blue of old that I am still fond of.

look forward to comment on others too

if I knew how i would try to put some of my own thoughts on the screen is there a design site that is easy to use??

norman
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Thanks for the input Norm

I’m trying to be make it visible, yet tie into our history a bit.
Last edited by leftcoaster on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Okay then. I like Leftcoaster's design. I like the asymmetry, like the colors. Its a bit of a nod to the older Team Canada kit. I like the splash of red. I find the straight check a bit staid.