Friday Post Dawn Post Coffee Ride

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Marcus

Friday Post Dawn Post Coffee Ride

Post by Marcus »

With the increasing age of all TS members some of whom are fortunate enough to be no longer working for a living perhaps there is enough desire for the addition of a post dawn post coffee ride? My thinking is a Friday ride commencing with coffee with the regular crew at Shoal Point at 7:30. Roll out would be around 8:00 when the regular crew head off to work or other commitments or better yet come along for an extension of the pre-dawn ride. A suggestion for an Elk Lake type route is attached (I hope the link works) but if there is interest in a post dawn ride I am not fussy on where we go. I will come out this coming Friday to gauge interest and see if there is interest in growth.

http://www.strava.com/routes/7981679

Marcus
EricS

Re: Friday Post Dawn Post Coffee Ride

Post by EricS »

Quite likely for Heather and I (to do both).
Eric Simonson
L2R

Post by L2R »

I am totally interested in this option and would also occasionally do both. When can we start? :)
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Thanks Marcus for posting and getting the Friday 8 a.m. ride going.
Call it the 3shot retiree and semi retiree Ride?!
7 of use rolled out off Mocha house at about 8.15, after a second coffee....and also having done 6 am ride
We did waterfront out to Mt Doug where 3 of us turned back.The rest went to Matticks or past Elk lake and I belive finished on the Sunday route.
Perhaps Metchosin some other Friday a.m.

So on Fridays you can get up at 7 a.m. instead of 5 a.m. OR
double the length of your Friday ride by doing the Double.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Round 2 this Friday. Hope to see as good a turnout as last week.

Marcus
L2R

Post by L2R »

What is the anticipated pace? I am just getting back into things, so may need to wait a couple of weeks.....
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

Last week was very relaxed. Casual Sunday tempo.
Kenji Jackson
L2R

Post by L2R »

Ok well I will give it a try tomorrow if I am not too tired after the first ride :lol:
Shelagh
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Redux #3 tommorow. If the attendance pattern continues its progression from 7 to 3 to ? there might be -1 persons tommorow or 1.2857142 persons (depending on whether one assumes a linear or parabolic progression). Either way, barring a downpour, I should be there, to at least earn some Rolfeoffian coffee points, if points are available for decaf, which should make the -1 turnout difficult, although the thought has crossed my mind to do some Observatory repeats on the homeward leg which might also eliminate the .2857142 person scenario.

Marcus
L2R

Post by L2R »

Geez, Marcus. Wish my weight loss pattern mimicked your attendance pattern but maybe it's because it really doesn't understand math, only food :lol: See you tomorrow. I will be doing some of the post coffee ride, but not likely all.
Shelagh
FairweatherMike

Post by FairweatherMike »

Totally looking forward to joining you folks in, oh, about six months! And perhaps occasionally before that if I take the odd Friday off...
Mike Skinner
Louise Wallace

Post by Louise Wallace »

Are you sure that you guys don't want to do the Paul Underhill ride? It doesn't cost anything and you would be supporting a good cause. It kicks off at 10 from clover point on Friday. there is a 100km and a 50km route. You can fill your pockets with power bars at the start.
Louise