STP

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Bosie

STP

Post by Bosie »

Anyone done this?
https://www.cascade.org/rides-major-rid ... a-airlines

Is it worth doing? and if so, is anyone interested- might be whats needed to get motivated in the New Year :)
Craig B.
Alan

Re: STP

Post by Alan »

I'd be totally down with an epic ride like that. Maybe we make it a Tripleshot summer 'event' and sponsor part of the ride, the leg from Victoria to Seattle (ie: a ticket on the Clipper and duty-free schnapps aboard the boat for the 2 hour trip! ;--)

I think a trip like this may have to include some extra time in Portland, where after arriving in Portlandia, we ride around that fine town for a few days, visiting brew pubs, book stores and dinner theatres. Then some of us will ride home, and the others of us will jump on a plane and be home for work on Monday morning. Sound good?

We got an AGM coming up. I'd like to see if there are other suggestions as to what kind of adult Tripleshot adventures we'd like to subsidize...
sailor

Post by sailor »

I second Alan's proposal.
GarthR

Post by GarthR »

I've done this ride a few times. I would recommend a couple of things to do upfront. First get a membership to the Cascade Bike club. It allows you first dibs for early entry , when entry fees are less - some years once general entry opens up, it sells out quickly. Second, start looking for hotels now. If you wait, getting something close to the start can be difficult. Thirdly, staying over in Portland, as Alan is suggesting, bone up on knowledge of Portland's craft bears - so many to choose from.
EricS

Post by EricS »

Heather and did it on our tandem. So much fun!
Eric Simonson