Ottawa bound

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Ddallin

Ottawa bound

Post by Ddallin »

Many of you know already, but I'm moving to Ottawa for a few years; such is Military life. Looking forward to the experience, and meeting new cyclists in Ottawa area. Tuesday the 28th will be my last ride with TS for a couple of years (not including short trips back to Vic, which I have left a bike here to use). In true Navy and TS form, I'll be covering coffee after the ride, shaking hands, and thanking you all for a great 3 years with TS.. I'll will be back for sure, just don't know when (officially).

See you at the Moka House...
David Dallin
norman marcy

Re: Ottawa bound

Post by norman marcy »

Classy
thanks
EricS

Post by EricS »

Sweet riding here so far. In Ottawa for nationals and the trail system is sweet. Like 300 km of goose like trails which are great for recovery rides. The roads seem to have been hit pretty good by something out here they call "winter", but some are quite nice. Some of the main roads are completely closed to cars on Sundays from 9 till 1. Headed to Quebec tomorrow to ride the Gatineau Park roads. Should be fun! Enjoy your years out here.

Eric
Eric Simonson
sailor

Post by sailor »

Having spent a number of years in Ottawa working for the Navy I wish you ..... good luck. ;-) Unfortunately I will not be able to claim my free coffee tomorrow as I will be training future naval officers starting at 0745 sharp! Take care David, was nice to meet you. Enjoy the cycling in Ottawa.
Tim
steve

Post by steve »

I cant make coffee tomorrow but would like to wish you the best of luck in Ottawa!
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Best of luck out there and thanks for your continued service!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

EricS wrote:Headed to Quebec tomorrow to ride the Gatineau Park roads. Should be fun! Eric
Hit Champlain Lookout, E (and David!) Worth the slog. And traffic.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Did someone say "I'll buy"? See you there (in civvies, no less... stoopid work).
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Great riding with you Dave.
Enjoy your next adventures....:)
Craig B.
EricS

Post by EricS »

Rolf wrote:
EricS wrote:Headed to Quebec tomorrow to ride the Gatineau Park roads. Should be fun! Eric
Hit Champlain Lookout, E (and David!) Worth the slog. And traffic.
Darn. Missed it Rolf. Rode around the park while watching the TT, then rode north up the river to Wakefield for lunch. River road was bumpy but no traffic. Took the 105 back to town. Ok at first, then terrible. Very broken up road, no shoulder, and lots of traffic. Fun! Lots more bike paths in Quebec though. Really cool if you don't mind riding slowish. We managed 100 km, and only got lost maybe 10 times. #touristproblems

Eric
Eric Simonson
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

EricS wrote: Darn. Missed it Rolf. Rode around the park while watching the TT, then rode north up the river to Wakefield for lunch. River road was bumpy but no traffic. Took the 105 back to town. Ok at first, then terrible. Very broken up road, no shoulder, and lots of traffic. ...
Ottawa and environs offer some great rides (Wakefield is beautiful), but their roads really do suffer from the winters. They've got lots of bike paths—but as we well know, paths have their limitations. I haven't ridden in that many other places, but it's hard not to feel pretty smug about the riding we have in Victoria!

David: I wish you all the best with your move. What you'll lose in winter group-riding, I'm sure you will gain in opportunities to ski (nordic) and skate outdoors. 8)
GarthC

Post by GarthC »

Great riding with you Dave!
Enjoyed pushing each other for those PR's on the sufferfest rides. :)
Thanks for the coffee this morning!
See you out on the rides when you're back in Victoria.
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Great fun riding with you David, we'll miss you (and your draft :)
Have fun in Ottawa and don't forget to let us know when you are in town!

-- Christian Bugslag