Father's Day June 19th

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

wonger

Father's Day June 19th

Post by wonger »

Is there any interest in a slightly later start for a Sunday ride? Trying to accommodate breakfast making and general adoration from the rest of the family prior to heading out for 3ish hours. Say 9:30 - 10:00 from Fairfield Starbucks?
Alan

Re: Father's Day June 19th

Post by Alan »

wonger wrote:Is there any interest in a slightly later start for a Sunday ride? Trying to accommodate breakfast making and general adoration from the rest of the family prior to heading out for 3ish hours. Say 9:30 - 10:00 from Fairfield Starbucks?
If it's actually "Father's Day", Wonger, can I suggest you ramp up your mojo and tell the little ankle-biters that since it's Dad's Day, dedicated to honouring you, the adorable sperm-supply of the family, that you're going to damned well do what you want, on your own schedule, which is drinking coffee and riding with the lads. Here's the secret: The night before, you, in your commanding deep baritone voice, subtly announce to the adoring family that you plan on doing what you damned well please this Sunday, which is meeting at 7:00 for a pre-ride testosterone-lifting expresso and then riding hard to have another coffee with said lads by 9:30. Then, just to show the family what a team player you are, you'll promise to be home to choke back their waffles topped with whipped cream and blueberries by 10am.
Sheesh, Wonger, :roll: what is it about "Father's Day" you don't get?
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Or you could do the Silly Summer Solstice ride and be home in time for adoration:)
Craig B.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

I say enjoy the adoration. Who knows how long it'll be before the young'n's are too embarrassed to hang out with their uncool dads who are always squeezing into Lycra to ride a bike with skinny tires??

If we weren't going away for the weekend, I'd suggest a midday mtn bike ride, like what Mandy and Louise did on Moms Day.
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

+1 for Craig's suggestion. I'm pretty sure my adorable, adoring daughters won't be awake at 4 am to start cooking breakfast, so I may as well go for a 5000 calorie ride and be ready for when they do wake up! :)

Andrew
Robgrant

Post by Robgrant »

Is the unofficial Silly Summer Solstice ride happening on Sunday? I haven't seen any unofficial posts?
Rob
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Robgrant wrote:Is the unofficial Silly Summer Solstice ride happening on Sunday? I haven't seen any unofficial posts?
Rob
viewtopic.php?p=29371#p29371
Robgrant

Post by Robgrant »

Didn't think I'd have to look back to April. People really plan ahead!
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Correction Greg. Mandy and Louise (and Julie)'s mother's day ride started with a 730 am meet up, not mid-day, although it was a fantastic mountain bike ride. What's with these lazy dads?
alan boden

Post by alan boden »

I'm in for SSSC ride on Sunday at 4:30 am, to be home for the eggs benedict scarf down, lovingly prepared by my expensive progeny - "ok dad...if it's just once a year!".
Alan Boden
wonger

Post by wonger »

I'm not sure this is going in the direction I had hoped for. A later start seems to be morphing into a 4:30 start...