Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

sylvan

:-(

Post by sylvan »

Rolf

Re: :-(

Post by Rolf »

If stolen in Vic, it's worth strolling by/through Tent City. Also: a buddy recently had his steel Bianchi safely returned after posting on THE STOLEN BICYCLE AVENGERS (FB group).

Or have I misinterpreted the meaning of your cryptic post. Do you just hate yellow things?
GarthR

Post by GarthR »

This looks like a custom frame , made by Lovell, for a local - Greg Mcallister. Greg relocated to Victoria about 20 years ago, after riding with Lovell in the Ontario circut.
Alan

Post by Alan »

The namesake of this bikemaker, Jocelyn Lovell died today:
https://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/ ... at-65.html

Interesting to read about Canadian cycling greats of the past. Fifty years from now they'll be reading about other cycling greats (Tripleshot kids!) who began their rise to greatness wearing a Tripleshot Jersey...
sailor

Post by sailor »

Sad news. Played a key role in the Marinoni documentary, which make a great story I thought.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

GarthR wrote:This looks like a custom frame , made by Lovell, for a local - Greg Mcallister. Greg relocated to Victoria about 20 years ago, after riding with Lovell in the Ontario circut.
Cool. I didn't know its background but I think that's been my favourite Victoria bike build since I first saw it on the Straight Up website. Partly because of the Lovell legend and partly because it just seemed perfectly proportioned and about my size - about three-quarters actual size. Sad weekend for Canadian cycling!
sylvan

Post by sylvan »