Monday longish, earlyish, hardish Metchosin ride?

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Bosie

Monday longish, earlyish, hardish Metchosin ride?

Post by Bosie »

Anyone interested in a ride out Metchosin way early Monday- sort of like the sufferfest- start early, ride fairly hard, get done 10...

Im thinking of starting at say 06h00,06h30- heading out to Metchosin, Mt Matheson and then heading home- maybe backside of Munns if the legs havent fallen to pieces yet..

There should be the usual Stat Monday ride, but just interested if anyone else feels like something different.
Craig B.
Claire

Re: Monday longish, earlyish, hardish Metchosin ride?

Post by Claire »

Hmmmmm.... Sounds intriguing. I'm not likely to ride Sunday so I'll keep you posted re: Monday.
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

Don't believe that girl, she'll be riding Sunday for sure! :P

I'm interested in joining you Craig, and I'd be REALLY interested if departure was at 7:00 a.m. instead of 6. It is a holiday afterall... :roll:
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Ack- looks like my best plans are going to come to nought. Just when you thought you had a long weekend on suffering, life gets in the way :) Im going to go and do some hills at some point Monday, but I have to squeeze it in around a few others family commitments that have sprung up...Sorry- called the ride and then bailed :(
Craig B.
burtonbikes

Post by burtonbikes »

Hi Craig
I don't see the usual stat holiday ride posted anywhere. Is there one tomorrow? And if so where does it start and when? If there isn't one I'll join you. What is your ride pace?
Thank you
Tom Burton
Oh... I just seen you aren't doing this ride now.
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Hi Tom,

The usual Stat Holiday ride is exactly the same as the Sunday "Social" ride. Meets at Fairfield STBx at 07h30 (07h15 for coffee). About 70 ks, out to Island View, then back via Observatory (Island view and Obs are optional).

(Im not doing my ride because I have to fit in other stuff on Monday- although Claire and Lisa might be game:))

Generally average for the Stat ride around 30km/hr. Usually quite a few people turn up- I would guess around 20+ at this time of year.

Craig
Craig B.
burtonbikes

Post by burtonbikes »

Thanks Craig!