MEC Century Ride - a comedy of errors.

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

MEC Century Ride - a comedy of errors.

Post by John D »

By my count there were at least eleven Tripleshotters on the Century Ride today. Me, Barton, Penny, Mikael, Mike and Kathy, Gerry, Saskia, and a tall uber-fit guy in TS kit whose name I can't recall did the 100km ride, while Maureen and Kat (sp?) opted for the 50km version.

As a sub-set of us were departing the Alpha Street Bucky's to ride out to Sea Cider, Mikael flatted in the parking lot. About 75% of the way of the way out I flatted. Here's where the comedy of errors began. While Mikael helped fix my flat, Barton stepped on Mikael's brand new sunglasses and broke the arm off. Fortunately, Penny had some electrical tape and was able to fix them. About 5 minutes later, flat now repaired, I stepped on my own sunglasses, cracked them in half and also snapped the frame. Sigh.

Anyhow, the actual ride went well. No more flats or broken eye-wear. Including the out and back to Sea Cider, it clocked in at about 140km.

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
barton bourassa

Re: MEC Century Ride - a comedy of errors.

Post by barton bourassa »

It was an absolutely incredible day and a great ride with wonderful company. Well ridden everyone!

BB
Barton Bourassa