Wanted: Shimano-compatible wheelset

post all stuff wanted and for sale here

Moderator: mfarnham

Claire

Wanted: Shimano-compatible wheelset

Post by Claire »

Not too picky what it is, just need some wheels to help spiff up my tired old Oryx. Yes, it will be replaced eventually, but in all likelihood it will become my winter bike, so I'll continue with the piece-by-piece upgrades for now. Nothing too fancy (meaning I'm cheap and don't want to spend more than $300 if I can help it).

Thanks!
Robgrant

Re: Wanted: Shimano-compatible wheelset

Post by Robgrant »

There is a set of Fulcrum new wheels with continental ultra sport for sale in YVR on the Facebook British Columbia Classified group. $300. Scroll down to April 24th
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Check out Probikekit.ca for wheels. They have Shimano Ultegra wheelsets going for $300 plus shipping.
Claire

Post by Claire »

It looks like the Ultegra wheels are going for closer to $400, but the RS61 set is $300 (both have a base price of $670-ish). But why don't they give the product weight?? Isn't that a primary consideration for bike geeks like us?

http://www.probikekit.ca/bicycle-wheels ... 88023.html
BPhelps

Post by BPhelps »

According to this, Ultegras are 1,640 grams a pair.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/e ... ls_%281%29
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

RS61's are 1750g a pair.
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

From what I've resad and heard, you can't go wrong with the Ultegras. They are probably the best wheels out there at the $400 pricepoint.
Robgrant

Post by Robgrant »

I'll give a +1 to ProBikeKit. If your package is stopped at customs, you will pay GST and they may add duty- factor that in. I did offer LBS $150 more for a wheelset than what my landed cost was buying from PBK, but they wouldn't budge much off of list price (for in stock in the store wheels that are discontinued).
Rob
Claire

Post by Claire »

I think a set of wheels found me out on a ride today. I love it when serendipity works in my favour. Thanks for your input (and spreading the word about my quest), fellow club members!