Wanna know who's paid their club membership?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

Wanna know who's paid their club membership?

Post by John D »

Then go here: https://www.bikereg.com/Confirmed/29517 and click on "Expand All". You can sort by first or last name.

So if the person riding next to you on a Tripleshot ride isn't on the list, then please remind him/her to pay their club membership and get a Cylcing BC license while they're at it.

Thanks,
John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Julie

Re: Wanna know who's paid their club membership?

Post by Julie »

Well played with the strava boot to the slacker on club fee payers. It's proactive for the club and the cyclist to be covered.
GarthC

Post by GarthC »

I received this message from Strava...not sure why as I've paid my 2016 membership fees.

Tripleshot Cycling has a new announcement

Hey Garth,

There's a new announcement on the Tripleshot Cycling page:

Did your name disappear from the Tripleshot Cycling roster here on Strava? Sad. But don't blame it on a Strava technical glitch. Chalk it up to a memory lapse. Apparently you forgot to pay your 2016 membership dues – the meagre $30 required to become a registered and insured (for club rides) member of Triplesot Cycling. We'd love to have you back, so please register for the Tripleshot Cycling Club Membership at www.bikereg.com

Check out your club's homepage to see how your training compares to other club members.

Have fun,

— Your friends at Strava
Lund

Post by Lund »

Garth – you got the announcement because you're a member of the Club on Strava. If you've paid up, relax: you're still on the list.
Mikael

Post by Mikael »

Dear Strava Admins,

While I understand the logic to remove non members from the Tripleshot Strava group, you may not understand the dramatic impact your decision has had on my stature in the club. You see, I have worked hard for several months now to advance in the Strava standings for the club and your ill considered decision has the (hopefullly unintended) consequence of me dropping dramatically in the club rankings. For example, having clawed myself up the rankings on the Mt. Tolmie segment to the rank of 41 out of 47, I now I find myself at the bottom of the list again (41st out of 41). Unfortunately (for me) it seems that some of the membership slackers were also slackers on the bike!

Thank you for reconsidering this rash decision.

Sincerely,
Mikael
ps. I trust that you understand that unless you reverse this tragic decision, I will have to try hard to continue to improve :)
Lund

Post by Lund »

Mikael. I apologize for the collateral damage to your leaderboard standings, your club stature and your sense of self-worth. My best advice is that you petition said slackers to (re)enlist.
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Is the the club on Strava now restricted to only TSC members? This is wonderful!! I am back in please!
Barton Bourassa
Lund

Post by Lund »

That makes one "rash/tragic decision" and one "This is wonderful!!"

Anyone care to weigh in with the tie-breaker?
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Meh.
mjashton

Post by mjashton »

Hey John,

I have just purchased the Provincial Race License from the cycling BC website. Is this enough or do I also have to buy the tripleshot membership from the bikereg page for my name to be added to the list?

Thanks,
Matt
John D

Post by John D »

Hi Matt;
mjashton wrote:..do I also have to buy the tripleshot membership from the bikereg page for my name to be added to the list?
Yes, that's correct - our club is officially sanctioned by Cycling BC, and they require that our riders become Tripleshot club members to take part in our sanctioned club rides.

Thanks for signing up!

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
mjashton

Post by mjashton »

done, thanks for the quick reply!
Matt
DeborahSnell

Post by DeborahSnell »

I've paid my fees online (about a month ago) and got my number via e-mail but I'm not showing up on cyclereg. Any idea how I can fix this anyone?