ISO: As-thermal-as-possible winter booties

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Claire

ISO: As-thermal-as-possible winter booties

Post by Claire »

I think it's time. My crappy old, fixed-too-many-times winter booties have about had it. Other than the fact that I've had the closure repaired three times and it's failed again, I do love these old Garneau gems. Does anyone have any suggestions for VERY warm, neoprene booties? (I have "issues" with circulation - consider me special-needs.)

The ones I have are probably 6mm neoprene with a slightly fuzzy inner and they fit nice and snug. I'd like something comparable. Perhaps now is the time to find some good end-of-season deals?? Feel free to weigh in with your online and LBS suggestions.
Thanks!
Last edited by Claire on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John D

Re: ISO: As-thermal-as-possible winter booties

Post by John D »

ClaireM wrote: The ones I have are probably 6mm neoprene with a slightly fuzzy inner and they fit nice and snug. I'd like someone comparable.
I'm confused - shouldn't this be posted on the new Tripleshot "Personal Ads" sub-forum?

:wink:
Sorry - couldn't resist.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Claire

Post by Claire »

Hey - I didn't even know about that sub-forum. Thanks for the heads-up. Anyone 6mm thick with a fuzzy interior is welcome to apply.

... I changed that unfortunate typo. Thanks, John.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

John - Thank you for the giggle. I needed that. Its been a long week(end).

Claire - your description of your booties and your circulatory shortcomings (glad you at least have some) ;-) , matches my own. I just switched over to a pair of pearl izumi booties with I don't know how thick, but pretty thick, neoprene with fuzzy interiors. Can't say they help at all (and I've done no long rides whatsoever of late to even really push their limits). I've even tried your hotshots inside them but I think I bought a dysfunctional box.

Let me know if you find something that works.

Yours with freezing feet too....
L.
ghomer

Post by ghomer »

Claire - I'd spring for these:

http://www.goreapparel.com/gore-bike-we ... d=xsellPDP

It's what I'm on, and I have no complaints.

Geoff
Claire

Post by Claire »

Louise - I think the splurge option would be the super-cold-weather winter shoes that some people ride with (Michael Lawless among them).

But, rather than prolong the suspense, I'll just post this update that I got a pair of Specialized booties that are very similar to my dead ones. Maybe slightly less fuzzy on the inside, but nice thick neoprene and a zipper on the side, which seems smart. I think Neil rides with them too. $80 retail at OBB.